[General] - One of DST beta keys is unavailable

LordGreg

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Issue Title: One of DST beta keys is unavailable
Issue Description: Thank you for invite to Don't Starve Togetrher Closed beta!

I have a problem with activation: I activated first key for Steam account lordgreg69 and it works, then I gave second key to my wife titirlik, but Steam reported her about "false key", so we can't play Don't Starve Together=(
Can you help me with this?

Steps to Reproduce: I got e-mail Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:32:36 +0000 from Klei Entertainment :
with "Your Closed-Beta Keys"
[Mod edit removing keys]

Someone was saying you had to type the dashes too. Not sure that's the case, but it's worth a try.

Oh... yeah you can't edit until you have 5 posts, I believe?

Edit: Looks like two other people posted the same problem, so there might be an actual systemic problem going on. JoeW's on it, though, and he'll probably edit your post for you. Hopefully in time :(... 

Edit2: Thanks, Syd!

Someone was saying you had to type the dashes too. Not sure that's the case, but it's worth a try.

I copied it and pasted. With dashes of course.

There are few people with the same problem at the bugtracker, as I can see.

Shouldn't have posted your keys.

I'm cringing for you. Don't post your keys! :(  All they need is your information and can easily look that stuff up. Can message them more privately this way http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new or through PM's (if you have at least 5 posts). I think you need 5 posts total to be able to edit as well.

Ok guys I'm sure that one who will try to activate theese keys will get nothing because I HAVE ACTIVATED ONE, but I DID THE SAME with the other account to activate second and failed. Are you really thinking that I can't copy&paste code?

Well, more people who can't exactly read a bug report, and I'll get 5 posts without flood just answering your 'funny' ones.

I also thought that bugtracker works in "only for support" mode so other people wouldn't read this. I had experience with Steam support just a month ago, so I tried to describe all what I could.

Ok guys I'm sure that one who will try to activate theese keys will get nothing because I HAVE ACTIVATED ONE, but I DID THE SAME with the other account to activate second and failed. Are you really thinking that I can't copy&paste code?

Well, more people who can't exactly read a bug report, and I'll get 5 posts without flood just answering your 'funny' ones.

You said one key was not activated. I have no idea what not being able to copy and paste code or being able to, has to do with keeping your private information, private.

I also thought that bugtracker works in "only for support" mode so other people wouldn't read this. I had experience with Steam support just a month ago, so I tried to describe all what I could.

I don't understand your logic. If you yourself can read other peoples topics what makes you think yours couldn't be read by any random person? I reported the thread and I notice a mod (Thanks Syd) removed the keys. All's good. I'm sure someone will help you in a timely manner with your situation. Good luck.

Edit: I saw Joew mention that the keys are most likely valid, and Silentdarkness1 mentioned a great possibility that it could be a steam issue. Always better safe than sorry to keep your information private. No harm in warning someone either. Again, Good luck.

Well I hope this guy is enjoying dst alone.

I mean Hellkitty and others were right and it was steam (or maybe Klei&Steam connections) problem and someone activated the second key.

So there is a second problem. When I got the first problem I went to FAQ page with a link to bug tracker. I was not the member of the forum so I couldn't imagine that all I wrote would be public, I just wanted to add even more information about issue.

So maybe it's a good idea at least to write "Do NOT public private information i.e. keys or passwords or card info because it's public bugtracker" at the bugtracker form page.

Archived