[Game Update] - 273895

• Developer

Hello everyone! We are working on getting a stable hotfix for the temperature/crash issues people have been experiencing since the release of the Cosmic Upgrade. If you would like to give it a try, you can try it by switching to the cosmic_upgrade_hotfix branch. The branch has some fixes for some timing issues happening between the game and the simulation and it also has a fix wallpaper deconstruction not opening holes into space. 

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

The hotfix won't change temperatures on existing buildings but new buildings should not have strange temperatures and the game should not crash even if your buildings have strange temperatures. So the game should run fine but if you want to have proper building temperatures you would either have to load an older save or fix them up using debug/sandbox tools.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

The branch has some fixes for some timing issues happening between the game and the simulation and it also has a fix wallpaper deconstruction not opening holes into space.

I know this seems offtopic, and sorry if it is, but I'm curious.  I'm suddenly seeing some very odd interactions with engineers and the refinery, where they can't seem to stay on their job.  Would the timing items between the game and simulation have any affect on that?

EDIT: I should mention that they're trading jobs to do lower priority tasks, like loading up storage, and not needing to go eat, pee, or find some O2.

EDIT2: Utterly unrelated.  Sorry about that.

Edited by WanderingKid

5 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

I know this seems offtopic, and sorry if it is, but I'm curious.  I'm suddenly seeing some very odd interactions with engineers and the refinery, where they can't seem to stay on their job.  Would the timing items between the game and simulation have any affect on that?

EDIT: I should mention that they're trading jobs to do lower priority tasks, like loading up storage, and not needing to go eat, pee, or find some O2.

Is the room over pressured with NG?  This can cause them to run a few seconds then leave (heard from a friend)

Just now, chemie said:

Is the room over pressured with NG?  This can cause them to run a few seconds then leave (heard from a friend)

No, but it is overpressurized with polluted O2.  That might be the cause.  Thanks.  Didn't even think about that as a source of the issue.  Okay, I can fix that.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

No, but it is overpressurized with polluted O2.  That might be the cause.  Thanks.  Didn't even think about that as a source of the issue.  Okay, I can fix that.  Thanks.

Well, I meant gas of any kind but glad to help

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Would I be able to load/test a CU-273838 save game with already existing temperature problems ?

(Or does the hotfix just effect "new" buildings and I should start with an older save game)

I can help with that save.

• Developer
38 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Is the logging still active in this cosmic upgrade hotfix ?

And by the way, why we don't get a normal update for all ?!? Any dirty secrets behind this ?

Logging is not enabled and we'll push the hotfix live to everyone once we're sure that it actually fixes the issues.

• Thanks 1