Nightwatcher in Oxygen Not Included?

11 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Who found this again!? This is... Interesting...spooked.thumb.png.050d8b5d62f0674f23af0d6c773922aa.png

Xedlord. I quoted so that it wouldn't look I wasn't the one who found this,

9 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Wasn't it just a placeholder for something? I remember the Klei devs addressed it once and said something like that, probably in the limited testing forums.Remind me to search for that later.

No idea, please post when you do.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

No idea, please post when you do.

__ZwNH1qT6CG2UKxj-LXsQ.png

This was what Cheerio said, it was a thread by O.n.y where they and Risu found some interesting assets, including that one. It was likely just a placeholder for omething else, it was named as "Haul" in the files

18 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

__ZwNH1qT6CG2UKxj-LXsQ.png

This was what Cheerio said, it was a thread by O.n.y where they and Risu found some interesting assets, including that one. It was likely just a placeholder for omething else, it was named as "Haul" in the files

Nowhere does he mention placeholder. Just cut/needs polishing. So... interesting. The cyclops watcher.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

Nowhere does he mention placeholder. Just cut/needs polishing. So... interesting. The cyclops watcher.

I said it was probably a placeholder because Klei has done it before with other assets, plus there's a Tallbird Egg in the game files too.

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I said it was probably a placeholder because Klei has done it before with other assets, plus there's a Tallbird Egg in the game files too.

well then it's canon tbh

and this watcher isn't a DS tex file, it's set up differently.

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Risu posted a screenshot of Nightmare Hands in-game, so who knows? Maybe ONI really is in the same universe as DS/T

7 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Can you post them here? I'd like to see.

3 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

DS can be the outside of the asteroid, ONI is the inside. The two shalt not meet.

Maybe that's what all the moon related items are leading up to?

4 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

After Hamlet we'll get "Don't Starve IN SPACE!"

57e9f4e197aa9_20160926p1-WhenKleiworldscollide.png.6a143bbd83a30d63ef0704d07414c4fd.png57637bbd9358c_maxwelltwopointo.png.64638937bdfb3ad135884a0bb06fdab3.png

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Can't link it since it's in the Closed Testing forum, you guys don't have access there, but I can x-post them here:

e1MAa3.jpg

20170615015252_1.thumb.jpg.01691f521f594

Hmmmm... it does look different from DS Night Hand slightly, kinda leads me to think it's legit all-in-all. Finally we got DS in Space like some kids suggested in 2013!

This... Is.. to... Cool! Augh! I'm loving this! Now, I'm more than certain it's placeholder... But c'mon! We have a new ONI item in Don't Starve due to the latest update. And all this "moon" stuff Maxwell keeps talking about! Someone, put the puzzle pieces together! Please!

7 hours ago, IzzyXD said:

I can see it. DS chars might well be Dupes for all we know.

Oh we've already HAD that thread! 

...and...I can't find it for the life of me.  Perhaps it got closed and erased.  :(  I wanna say it was like...spring? last year?

But yeah.  For example, I myself went into this whole elaborate theory about how maybe the Don't Starve world was a big simulation run by "real" people who bet on how when the characters would die and how, and how the person on the throne was actually the avatar of a "real" person so that's why they had more power, and it changed over whenever a power-play succeeded among the players in The Game, etc.  It was all good "what if" fun until of course someone had to "YOU'RE HAVING FUN WRONG!!" in a really authoritarian "I'm Putting My Foot Down and Stopping This now, come on, put away your toys, children, and get back to work!" kind of way no less...and it devolved into the usual.  :\

(for the record I don't actually think that I was playing around with the idea for funsies and mental excercise sheesh.  But mind you, I don't think we had even found the Night Watchers and hands in the ONI files yet at the time...or maybe we HAD and that's what kicked off the discussion in the first place.  I don't remember.  : P)

...Notorious

5 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

This... Is.. to... Cool! Augh! I'm loving this! Now, I'm more than certain it's placeholder... But c'mon! We have a new ONI item in Don't Starve due to the latest update. And all this "moon" stuff Maxwell keeps talking about! Someone, put the puzzle pieces together! Please!

5a465eb326456_Maxwellpursuadesdupes.png.dd92bc3fe504cb0a719a5433fd6fa7a0.png

25 minutes ago, Kynoox_ said:

oh no

What's wrong~?

Archived