Klei Should Have a Character Update

I always put a small camp with a tent, icebox & crockpot at the small area at the entrance to the labyrinth, where there are usually a few light bulb plants and some lichen. I don’t use tents that much otherwise, but it’s very helpful right there, as a place to wait out the nightmare cycle and restore health and sanity while you’re at it. Otherwise I’d need more stacks of logs for log suits and more jerky. You can throw together meatballs by killing spiders and harvesting lichen, then sleep and be good as new.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:05 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Regarding the tents discussion, I do use tents once and then, they are a good situational item which exists for a reason and I wouldn't say its damaging to anyone's gameplay quality to use them. Tents are a trade of low quality food/any food available, for health and sanity no matter the food's original properties.

I think the issue here is how often or in which situation would you use tents: if you rely heavily on tents as your one and only way to get sanity and health, you are probably doing things wrong, since you should aim to obtain and always have available food ingredients to restore whatever it is you need to recover.

However, in many situations you can get to a point (eg you overextended your stay near the ruins, you spent too much time fighting mactusks and living nomadic in winter, etc) where you don't really have much of a food choice, and sometimes trading low quality food such as a bunch of meatballs, or a meaty stew, for health and sanity, does pay off in the end.

I don't use tents often either, but I always keep one precrafted because it is another tool to quickly get out of a bad spot with whatever you have available.

exactly... I don't rely on them... but they have their value and just saying they are useless outright it's just not true imo. ofc they are situational... but they prove their value specially in the caves cuz they don't require extra space in your inventory if you have one precrafted.

No what they NEED to do is fix the issues on console right now,  Three dedicated servers are unjoinable and they're still on the Halloween update. (didn't even get the Christmas update btw)  Don't add on to a list of problems, fix stuff first please.

I admit I use a straw roll occasionally after the Deerclops fight if I'm lazy to collect cacti in winter, and I can do something different during that time like snacking  or whatnot. The time you use to gather cactus flesh + the time with cooking or sleeping isn't important to me. Actually I like to cook spicy chilli with cactus flesh and running with a top hat, a garland or a shanter around around, it's my prefered play style, and I hate that if Shadow Creatures are spawning in the snow

19 hours ago, Lakurius said:

Erm guys

Why do we discuss game strats in this thread called "klei should have a character update"

Reveal hidden contents

smh lololol

Omg this is a joke

Klei don't ban me

I'm always a fan of game mechanics discussion, but I agree, the main point of the post is that I think Klei should start discussion on their terms about perhaps improving the experience of some mechanics they haven't touched in a while, primarily the characters, specifically Woodie and Willow because they aren't fun anymore.  I'm pretty sure everyone would be interested, but then the question occurs on if or how such a thing would ever come about.  Everyone knows Klei reads the forums, but getting them to do something like what I suggested is a whole other ball game.  I'd really like for it to happen, but I question if they ever would.

I would argue that most of the characters in the game are great, unique fun and interesting.

But when it comes to actual gameplay, I feel like some characters are just kinda... less valuable when on a team then most of the others..

Take Woody for an example, he joins the game but you KNOW that you could of gathered much more and a wider range of resources had you had a Maxwell. Willow and Winona are a fair bit less useful for a good team comp, because other characters like Wigfrid or Wolfgang have a much higher damage output while others like Wickerbottom have a much higher strategic value.

Honestly instead of pumping out new skins and other stuff which is not necessary for a fun game, please give us a rework or change to a few of these characters to allow for a wider variety of playstyles and roles for each member of the team to learn and master.

17 hours ago, Deewon said:

Honestly instead of pumping out new skins and other stuff which is not necessary for a fun game, please give us a rework or change to a few of these characters to allow for a wider variety of playstyles and roles for each member of the team to learn and master.

I’m pretty sure the art team isnt in charge of game balance :p

Archived