What happened to Don't Starve and it's forums?

Gaze upon our works, ye mighty, and despair...for the forums seem to be dying as I type this. What happened to our forums and great game that caused a great amount of inactivity on both ends? I've always assumed that the focus was shifted to Klei's newer games, causing Don't Starve to be put on hiatus, but I'm not sure. But personally speaking, I rather enjoyed the days when our activity and updates were at their peak. Maybe they all moved to Reddit...oh well. Enough complaining from me. I have to go do something over there.

• Developer

The forums are still very active, mainly in the Off-Topic and Oxygen Not Included sections. DS and DST are slow due to the current lack of updates. Although DST was confirmed to be getting more things in the future, DS is a hiatus for who knows how long.

15 hours ago, Thieverpedia said:

Gaze upon our works, ye mighty, and despair...for the forums seem to be dying as I type this. What happened to our forums and great game that caused a great amount of inactivity on both ends? I've always assumed that the focus was shifted to Klei's newer games, causing Don't Starve to be put on hiatus, but I'm not sure. But personally speaking, I rather enjoyed the days when our activity and updates were at their peak. Maybe they all moved to Reddit...oh well. Enough complaining from me. I have to go do something over there.

All games eventually slow down for a bit; it's normal.  Especially since Klei hasn't really updated all that much, so less incentive to play.

Archived