Why not make Shipwrecked mountable?

Release it standalone, and kill two birds with one stone. Add a check to see if it's there in Vanilla DS, and if is, enable it and add the content, so items and stuff can be crafted in the overworld, BUT the world is unique. (Also where did the food tab go??) Giving Wolly a gem or gold would let him/her say "Follow me! X marks the spot" and fly up, with an X marked on your map, to a boat floating in the sea. Using this boat would generate a shipwrecked world, and all items save, much like going into a cave. If a boat is attempted to be placed in the old sea, characters could say something like "it's too salty!" or "No way! Too many leeches and penguins"

Bottom Line: Release it standalone and let us mount it. That is all. Especially after you've hinted at Shipwrecked being a DLC for so long. I will pay more for the standalone if this is done.

(Kinda like what GMOD does. But better.)

edit or sumthin: The wind effects and everything should still be in effect, e.g Hail and Wind for Autumn (Cue Xirmi's love ;) ) but the only difference is the biomes and prefabs. No SW prefabs will spawn in the normal world, nor will SW biomes. (Also has it's own set pieces. Set pieces are cool.) I think Volcanoes are the lava caves (Don't rage pls)

Is the volcano meant to be a new world
That's what it sounded like on the stream
It's the lava caves
"Confirmed"
Jump down a volcano
They could pull a Call of Duty... don't kill me now just hear me out
So when you give the items to Wolly
Save files should be compatible between games in terms of character, items, stats
And then it loads up a SW world with your save
 When you talk to Wolly to leave, it closes SW and reopens DS
Copying the new save
GENIUS.

Then they just add all this crap to Vanilla, so you can spawn SW stuff. Yep, it's stupid. And won't happen. But I tried. Maybe a way to access the volcano world from the caves? To save a little time? And vice versa.

Hire me Klei I will be useless and eat your food!

Um. In su--ort of Standa-one being mountab-e and acting as a huge D-C. Reread --ease.

"stanalone being mountable and acting as a huge DLC" I have no idea what that means or how would that look like. Your first post made no sense to me, just a lot of gibberish (don't mean to offend you but I seriously have no idea).

"stanalone being mountable and acting as a huge DLC" I have no idea what that means or how would that look like. Your first post made no sense to me, just a lot of gibberish (don't mean to offend you but I seriously have no idea what you're on about.

-internet crashed. none of this saved. I am done-

• Developer

"stanalone being mountable and acting as a huge DLC" I have no idea what that means or how would that look like. Your first post made no sense to me, just a lot of gibberish (don't mean to offend you but I seriously have no idea).

If you don't mean to offend, then don't say stuff like: "Your post made no sense, it was gibberish." Because that's offensive.

What he means basically is, Shipwrecked will be a standalone, and if you have DS AND SW, you'd be able to have SW content IN DS, all of it.

Y'kniw that HL is a game and GMOD is another, right? But if you have both then you have some HL content in GMOD, eh?

It's basically what he's suggesting, but then all the SW content existing in DS as well, not just some stuff :D

If you don't mean to offend, then don't say stuff like: "Your post made no sense, it was gibberish." Because that's offensive.

What he means basically is, Shipwrecked will be a standalone, and if you have DS AND SW, you'd be able to have SW content IN DS, all of it.

Y'kniw that HL is a game and GMOD is another, right? But if you have both then you have some HL content in GMOD, eh?

It's basically what he's suggesting, but then all the SW content existing in DS as well, not just some stuff.

Yeah, basically. in GMOD it uses lua to mount them and it keeps everything but nodes and npcs in the maps.

Not sure if this will help much but my idea is - Call it an expansion (bigger than DLC with more content and bigger price) and add it to the normal DS . 

Best comment on this topic.

"Take every penny of me but put the shipwrecked world into ds world and connect ds world with new world via a portal... Basically make it work like caves. Put a whirlpool to spawn us to the new world so we can explore that bermuda triangle to find the whirlpool by padling."

Archived