Why doesn't Chester have to eat/be fed?

Otto von Chesterfield, Esquire!

You find his eye bone usually some place close to a path, this would mean he was dropped by someone else. As he doesn't travel unless someone is holding his eye bone and once you throw it down he stops. However when you find his bone he is not there, he is someplace, where exactly is he? So the question is who puts him into your direction, and why? Clearly someone who wants to give you help. That is the real question I am still trying to figure out. 

Or... he could be sustained by the eyebone which is leeching off energy from the holder... When you first find the eyebone, chester is nowhere to be found, probably because he has to take on an ethereal form to conserve his energies...   Upon picking up the eyebone, chester materializes and begins to regain energy by leeching off the eyebone-holder's energy... and he constantly needs to stay close by the eyebone to keep receiving energy... we don't notice the drain because chester only requires very minute amounts of it to sustain itself...   Or magic... he could just be magic... O___O   When you put the eyebone in chester, the energy recycles itself as the eyebone drains chester's energy to give it... to chester!! and so he achieves perpetual energy!!

:T maybe...

Good question. This idea really has no actual founding, but you know how

SPOILER ALERT

Maxwell was once trapped on the island and had to try to escape (basically adventure mode), as evidenced by some of his comments. Well, Maxwell is obviously very good at magic (the guy can split his mind, safely use the Dark sword, and even made the fire and ice hounds). So what if at some point he used magic to turn an ordinary chest into the lovable Chester that the player has today? As a magically animated chest turned into a living, breathing, panting being, it might make sense that Chester never has to eat. Because he might be made of magic, and not have been made to be required to eat.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Maxwell was once trapped on the island and had to try to escape

At the end of adventure mode (in the finale) Maxwell revealed that when he came to "this place", it was a barren wasteland with nothing in it save for dust and emptiness... he created the "world"

O__O

At the end of adventure mode (in the finale) Maxwell revealed that when he came to "this place", it was a barren wasteland with nothing in it save for dust and emptiness... he created the "world"

O__O

But the way he comments on some things makes it so that you could infer that he did try to escape. For example, with the merms (I think it's the merms) he'll say "They were here when I got here". I don't think that's the exact quote (I may have messed up the wording) but that's pretty much what he says. And for things like Maxwell's tooth traps, he says "I'm sure I had my reasons when I put this here" which we could take to mean that he put them there as a form of defence. Once again, quite a few of his comments make it sound like he was origionaly dropped in much like Wilson

Once again, quite a few of his comments make it sound like he was origionaly dropped in much like Wilson

When you play as Maxwell and you inspect a Pine Tree, he will say "I've heard them describe it as "piney"" meaning he did not have any personal experience with it but suggest that he was in fact observing them...

"They were here when I got here"

Again, in adventure mode "two worlds", we can see a Merm village and a maxwell statue at the middle/A grotto with a Maxwell statue guarded by Guardian Pigs...

Although he does state in a few instances that there are things in the caves and ruins that he has "sealed off" and things that were already there before he came to "the world"...

But that sounds contradictory to...

Maxwell revealed that when he came to "this place", it was a barren wasteland with nothing in it save for dust and emptiness... he created the "world"

Could it be that what happened with the ancients resulted in the destruction of the "world"?

This kinda reminds me of a previous theory about the Pig and Merm Wars...

Oops, we're getting off track here... anyway... I think I need to work on this O__O

hey admins! gimme a warning point!

That's not really enough to get you one... if you really want to get warning points, you can

• do a lot of racist comments
  • some offensive and insensitive jokes...
  • mock dead people
  • talk about the government
  • rant about your philosophical ideas and shove them into people's throats
  • be a general ash-whole...

I'm rooting for you to get warning points... I guess... good luck... O__O

I like to imagine Chester is some sort of fluffy golem held together by magic. As long as he's in Maxwell's world, the magic of the place continues to keep him sustained.

that may be why when you use the teleportato it just turns to ash because there is a chance to get out or something.

that may be why when you use the teleportato it just turns to ash because there is a chance to get out or something.

Maybe its intentional, maxwell doesnt want wilson with an army of adorableness and burns it, and since the eyebone holds chester together, he burns up or dissaperes

Because the eyebone is a voodoo doll to chester

Maybe its intentional, maxwell doesnt want wilson with an army of adorableness and burns it, and since the eyebone holds chester together, he burns up or dissaperes

Because the eyebone is a voodoo doll to chester

XD I think you may have gone too far.

Archived