I can't believe griefing is a problem already

I can't believe there's people that have signed up for the beta and are lucky enough to get in who think it is smart to cause people grief. Especially when as a beta testers we're encouraged to help make the game better for those who have to wait for a long time to play. What sort of ungrateful, inconsiderate person does it take to have a mindset like that?

If everyone who got into beta played nice klei wouldnt get any useful information about greifing. Maybe they will add some kind of anti greifing measures, and if that happens you could argue that the beta testers who are greifing DID make the game better for everyone else.

Or maybe everyone can be really cooperative on beta, then when it's released we can deal with the griefing problem to cries of "it wasnt like this in beta" and "how could we have forseen such a thing"

• Developer

You can't ban a player if they leave. No ban, no rollback.

Exactly. This was the last thing we discussed before I left today: we're now planning on adding a way to ban people after they disconnect, which will probably sort out this case after all (because, yes, it should reset the location of items to before it was in their inventory).

protections would probably be the best thing to do, honestly though  how the heck are they going to do summer  RoG style in DST when they very act of standing in one spot  can set a base on fire?  point being there are so many ways to grief people just by standing near their base  without doing anything.

just as i told before on the other topic - i think this solution is bad.

there must be no roll backs. cuz it'll make the things worse. 

imagine the situation - i, as a stranger, join someone's server, we played and then something happens (like activating fridge-trap, accidental lightning or ect). server's host just bans me(or any other player he don't know to abuse the rollback and reverse the bad things that happened to him.

and if it's possible theoretically - it may ruin gameplay experience for some players. who don't wanna join other's server just to be banned for nothing.

I see the currently proposed solution as being highly exploitable as well. (unless i'm missing something here) The current proposed solution could potentially ruin risk vs reward in PVP combat.

1. Host loses PVP fight.

2. Host is a sore loser.

3. Host resurrects.

4. Host bans the winner.

5. Host rolls back the server.

Well theres the fact that the way they made the ghost mode is a perfect griefer, immortal and able to burn things, and they can even use the fact they need to stop their timer thingy from going down as an excuse for why they burned the entire grass/twig farm because of haunting that one butterfly.

but why are you calling it "Griefing"? it's part of the gameplay. just enjoy it. stop whining about how disappointed you are about other people behavior.

Because everyone has different expectations of how the game should play out. A good number of people here considered it to be a boy/girl scouts survival challenge, others a big FFA with no happy endings. Imho, the ban rules should reflect the gameplay mode. If it's PvP, expect everything to turn to ashes, so no ban implementations. If it's a non PvP, then the ban system should apply. There are people out there who consider all game modes to be PvP, and want to push that envelope.

Not everyone gets along with each other. If someone gets banned feeling they did nothing wrong just find a place that you fit in with?

I just can't help but think, if every server/host wants to ban you... then I think you're doing it wrong?

Maybe your definition of fun is different and maybe need to question this?

I do like the idea of having it listed on the server to show what is expected from it. Like a game mode? Maybe they want to PVP/Grief friendly/ or survival friendly etc. Whatever you want to call it all. But so players know before hand what they are getting into. Kinda like what the above post was saying, if I didn't misunderstand. Just my 2 cents.

Well theres the fact that the way they made the ghost mode is a perfect griefer, immortal and able to burn things, and they can even use the fact they need to stop their timer thingy from going down as an excuse for why they burned the entire grass/twig farm because of haunting that one butterfly.

The Timer was taken out. As a Ghost you just exist.

Not everyone gets along with each other. If someone gets banned feeling they did nothing wrong just find a place that you fit in with?

I just can't help but think, if every server/host wants to ban you... then I think you're doing it wrong?

Maybe your definition of fun is different and maybe need to question this?

I do like the idea of having it listed on the server to show what is expected from it. Like a game mode? Maybe they want to PVP/Grief friendly/ or survival friendly etc. Whatever you want to call it all. But so players know before hand what they are getting into. Kinda like what the above post was saying, if I didn't misunderstand. Just my 2 cents.

Basically what I was trying to say. :)

Just some ideas I have.

5 reports from different users would result in:

The Griefer gets hit by lightning.

His/Her maximum stats are lowered.

When examining the character, your character says something like: "Oh, it's the Buzz-kill".

^^These would actually result in more griefing. A group of griefers could just all report an innocent player.

And then is the "Bad sport Lobby" idea from GTA V. Players with enough reports go to play on a server with other reported players.

Archived