Wod Better

This is a *better* wod! it will fully work and have a tutorial inside!

It will help you create a character of your very own! and it'll also show you how to make a hat for your character!

The entire tutorial will be inside the mod and it will be in pieces between the folders inside! any .txt or .png you see will be needed to be opened!

He will have Wilson's stats and lines and have a hat that acts like the Top Hat same sanity and durability

Klei forums download link:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/520-wod-better/

Steam Workshop download link:

coming soon

this thread is ONLY for what's inside your wod better folder please ask questions about what you see inside not questions about spriter, custom music, or special abilities for I will not help with that unless you post a brand new thread and I happen to see it and want to help

thankyou for using this mod to make your mod! and remember to include my name when you've released your mod! and also leave a comment here telling me that this helped your mod! that way I can list it in the list of mods helped!

Mods Helped:

currently none it was just released!

This is a *better* wod! it will fully work and have a tutorial inside!

It will help you create a character of your very own! and it'll also show you how to make a hat for your character!

(THIS IS CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON IT WILL BE RELEASED VERY SOON)

(I only put this thread up to get programming noobies excited and to get the link for the modinfo.lua)

HOPEFULLY it will be released tomorrow night... I gotta sleep :L

Derrrup. I'll take this, thank you very much. It'll definitely help me with making all of these characters. *holds up a list of characters that are currently being worked on.*

Nice tutorial, thx

offtop :

Notepad++ is ABSOLUTELY needed there is no way around it
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
to open .lua files you will need to right click them and click edit with notepad++

there are plenty of other editors, even SciTE which inside LUA for windows distributive

i am personally using FAR Commander in windows and MC in *nix-like. They both have syntax highlighting.

Feduhp! I made a new custom atlas template and fixed an issue with the hat prefab. You, uhh, you forgot to make it cut off the hair while wearing a hat so it just sticks out. I also added some witty comments.

post-286034-0-26451800-1395844898_thumb.

Also, I realized I spelled recommend wrong.

Better Wod.zip

EDIT: This actually causes the black block problem due to it not being to the power of 2. Sorry.

Mwehp! When I put my mod in the game and loaded it, it crashed. Is there any reason for this? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

Need to change every icon, the build.bin, every single thing with "wodb" to the name of your character. If you haven't changed any coding, then I don't know what would do it.Some people's computers just don't like some mods.

Okay, I've made my character. It crashed a bunch before but It gave me a log and I fixed those. Now, everytime I enable it the game crashes and it says it stopped responding. It didn't give me a log this time, so I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

How does one change a character behavior for Reign of Giants

That is a character has a certain feature with RoG enabled, but the feature is disabled if RoG is disabled.

The following works in the modmain

if GLOBAL.IsDLCEnabled(GLOBAL.REIGN_OF_GIANTS) then

else

end

But not in the character lua.

How does one change a character behavior for Reign of Giants

That is a character has a certain feature with RoG enabled, but the feature is disabled if RoG is disabled.

The following works in the modmain

if GLOBAL.IsDLCEnabled(GLOBAL.REIGN_OF_GIANTS) then

else

end

But not in the character lua.

GLOBAL. is only a modmain thing.

The mod says how to make the hat craftable by anyone, but how do you make it uncraftable altogether?

Just remove the respective function in modmain, WodbPostInit I think, including the lines that say "research".

Archived