September 10Th Preview Discussion (Updated Sept 9Th)

Bryce

what is?, monkeys come out of barrels, i can't use the preview because apparently i have betas opted out of, and i need a code, even though the OP says i don't....

I thought it was called a pod even when they looked like barrels. :I Anywho, they still come out of the same structure, but with a new aesthetic: (WARNING: Contains no pictures)

It's a terrifying tiki head

• Developer

@Bryce if  I craft a Thulecite Suit with half the materials required using a Green Amulet, i can use the Green Staff to get back double the thulecite used. Isn't this an exploit?

Yes, you can use the items in combination to generate a reasonable amount of thulecite. However, you are still incurring a cost by doing this. That cost is your green gem items. Given that green gems are a rare and finite resource, the fact that you can gain additional resources using this method is fine.

I would love to hear your explanation. Completely serious. Want to hear it.

You will get bored of playing the game long before you will get all things needed to build it.

Its killing things for you, like tooth traps wasnt enough, few next updates and Don't starve will be turret defense game.

That turret looks so ugly, its just some eye on top of some gold piramid like thing, its horrible.

You will get bored of playing the game long before you will get all things needed to build it.Its killing things for you, like tooth traps wasnt enough, few next updates and Don't starve will be turret defense game.That turret looks so ugly, its just some eye on top of some gold piramid like thing, its horrible.

1. I see what ya mean.2. I don't see how it'll turn into a turret defense game. A single turret that takes forever to kill a single spider on its own isn't that bad. But that's my opinion.3. That's a matter of opinion but I do see how some might find it asthetically unpleasing.

1. I see what ya mean.2. I don't see how it'll turn into a turret defense game. A single turret that takes forever to kill a single spider on its own isn't that bad. But that's my opinion.3. That's a matter of opinion but I do see how some might find it asthetically unpleasing.

Comon, its just an eye on top of a triangle, I can find better looking assets in tutorials about coding with XNA.

It dosen't look magical or like ancient tehnology stuff its plain ugly.

Comon, its just an eye on top of a triangle, I can find better looking assets in tutorials about coding with XNA.It dosen't look magical or like ancient tehnology stuff its plain ugly.

I agree that it lacks a creative look. I just wouldn't call it ugly. More....plain. Simplistic.Maybe it could be floating in a base similar to the floating statue heads?

I agree that it lacks a creative look. I just wouldn't call it ugly. More....plain. Simplistic.Maybe it could be floating in a base similar to the floating statue heads?

Lets leave the look of it, its just most useless item in the whole game now, its even more usless than Night Light and that is quite big achievment.

Lets leave the look of it, its just most useless item in the whole game now, its even more usless than Night Light and that is quite big achievment.

Agreed. Their use is done cheaper and better by other items. Edited by Luggs

@Bryce if  I craft a Thulecite Suit with half the materials required using a Green Amulet, i can use the Green Staff to get back double the thulecite used. Isn't this an exploit?

i dont think it is, u wont have that many green gems