All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I find myself confused about why exactly the "All Major Bosses" category includes the specific bosses it does? I remember a decent portion of one of your previous videos focusing on the fact that an "All Bosses" speedrun would be very hard to define, seeing as the idea of what is and isn't a boss is very subjective and so anyone's specific all bosses run would be arbitrary... but this one feels just as arbitrary? Nightmare Werepig isn't here, but Klaus is? None of the possessed bosses are here, but the Twins are? Heck, the Twins are here but NOT the Eye of Terror? Scrappy Werepig isn't here either. What led you to these specific choices? I thought it was all ANR + RoT bosses, but there's no Malbatross or Antlion, so I thought it might be all summon-able bosses, but there's no Deerclops or either Werepig or the Malbatross. What specifications make a boss "major" here?
  3. There have been updates earlier which were supposed to be about quality of life yet Klei added new features. Let's hope this will happen even if Klei want to lie low. :d
  4. damn that's impressive. i didn't even know there was a moggles setpiece. i also realized celestial champion without crafting once is impossible since astral detectors and pinch and winch can't be crafted. and the incomplete exerpiment can't be made. not to mention bug nets for moon gleams, getting a boat and paddle, etc.
  5. my bad, the current WR does craft a few things, but my old TAS does do it without crafting anything so at least it's possible:
  6. that's cool! do you happen to have a link or know where it is? i can't imagine between fuelweaver in a reasonable amount of time without crafting(i meant everything including non science items), which wouldn't be optimal. i can't find anything without crafting on speedrun.com. also celestial champion would be impossible unless you get both a star caller staff and deconstruction staff from ag or the ruins. and killing crab king would require a boat. i think fuelweaver is the only way.
  7. As described. Normally, shadow creatures get angry when you attack one of them when wearing a bone helmet, but even though they are from the same faction, they completely ignore you decimating their friends just because they are made from a more powerful nightmare fuel?
  8. Yeah, i want them to work offscreen again like in the olden days.
  9. I just checked, it makes them aggro onto you. So that is not the case. I will make a bug report to see if it's intentional or not.
  10. the current fuelweaver seeded speedrun WR doesn't craft anything AFAIK except that wasn't my argument, my argument was that the attacks were fair because there was a consistent and reasonable enough response to all of them, because an "unfair" attack would either not let you dodge it consistently or would require something highly specific and unreasonable to obtain without viable alternatives
  11. The 1 person in the world who beat The End is Nigh deathless would look quite silly if they tried to argue that them doing so means the level design is never unfair.
  12. Gz on clearing the challenge! This isn't much of an argument though. Saying, "if you're good enough at the game, you can beat everything without getting hit, therefore it's fair" doesn't make much sense because the game isn't balanced solely around the best players. Not saying that bosses need nerfs or whatever. I have no opinion on most bosses because I'm too new to the game to have experienced them. I'm just saying the argument is flawed at its core because your skill level is too high to matter for game balance. Relaxed mode removes all the interesting mechanics of the game... Does anybody play that? I mean... It sounds about as boring as it could get (well, obviously someone does play it, otherwise Klei wouldn't have bothered with implementing it... Still, the mode that removes all the interesting mechanics of the game doesn't sound like a good recommendation for newbies and/or bad players). Endless is a better option for newcomers. Basically makes your friends not need to stop everything they're doing and search for spiders whenever someone dies (assuming they haven't found a place with a bazillion spider nests yet, of course), but still keeps the interesting mechanics of the game in place
  13. Has anyone tried "beating" the game without crafting anything? You can bring other players to help or have them give you their starting items though only as a last resort. No mods that impact gameplay though things like geometric placement or health bar mods are fine. Bugs and exploits are fine. As for beating the game I think beating either fuelweaver or celestial champion are both valid options. I think this challenge could very well be possible with help from other players and it'd be fun to watch. I'm interested if this would be possible with just one player and no starting items from other players.
  14. Today
  15. There were boss weapons and armor in some of the playtests but the concepts of their skills were much different from yours. Would definitely be nice to get them back.
  16. I think what guile did was very difficult. Thank you for quoting mine But But mine is actually not as hard in term of difficulty. Since The wes challenge Is more in the terms of how much do you know about the game. How do you acomplish tasks when you cant personally do the tasks yourself. So its more of a triva type of challenge than a skill challenge. So my challenge is much easier in the Concept of player skill and application compared to what guile did here. As once you know how to take advantage of the disadvantages and circumvent them. Means The only difficult part of my challenge is needing to eat every 30 seconds and maintaining sanity.
  17. This isn't a result of the lack of resources, I used to religiously play DS and call DST easier for this exact same reason... and eventually realized that I was pretty much always hovering at 20-30 grass/twigs at all times in either game. Dying more often in DS is because of many other factors, such as small engine/world gen differences or literally all of the shipwrecked DLC in your third example there.
  18. In lore, it makes more sense for it to be in cave. As for utility, maybe the play can turn costume used into a bone helm (ignored by shadow, without the sanity loss) with a duration of like 3 days Recharge at each play.
  19. I haven't tried with magma but rovers could move water around like that since day one. I made airlocks using that before moving dupes to new asteroids
  20. In terms of loot yes but in terms of travel I'd say no. I'm not naive enough to think 1 qol update will fix this but hey they're trying at least.
  21. I think this should extend to work actions as well having to run away from them to get them to stop working is just silly.
  22. It runs alright on my macbook. Though I can't say how well it does on longer standing worlds as I primarily play on my PC.
  23. It surprise me more when they can't do Move to errand
  24. if their attacks weren't fair I wouldn't have been able to have a response for every single one of them
  1. Load more activity