Klei events problems <<< MUST BE DISCUSSED [ FORGE ]

i find it strange why the event rooms don't give the one who made the room the option to kick players 

because there are a lot of trollers and people who swear disrespectfully in the game and troll the team to make them lose on purpose 

and we can't do anything about these people because they can just stay and do what they want 

we will have to ditch out game room if we want to go away from them 

there need to be kicking/banning and such to deal with this kind of people 

---

My opinion 
in game kick : no
lobby
kick : yes
Players should drop their items upon death
i think so we can get back them from trolls

"Your" lobby is a dedicated server provided by Klei. You are not the admin of the server.

Dropping items upon death is a terrible idea because, once revived, you'll need to spend like 5 seconds to pick up your stuff. If something goes wrong and half of your team dies, you won't have these 5 seconds.

"Klei events pRoBlEmS <<< mUsT bE dIsCuSsEd [ FORGE ]": Topics like these are mostly made by players who can't/don't want to solve problems by their own and sometimes just ignored by the community.

6 hours ago, Kronas said:

i find it strange why the event rooms don't give the one who made the room the option to kick players

• You didn't make the room, Klei made it. All you did is to send a request for a server where you and other players can play.
  • Your level doesn't say anything about your skill, you could've also been a Wendy who's afk 24/7 on a server, that would give you more exp than winning once a day.
  • Servers are still available for everyone, who'll become the "next admin" as soon as the "admin" leaves? The next one will just kick all your friends and invite his own one.

Players should drop their items upon death i think so we can get back them from trolls

• Ever reached the Grand Forge Boarrior? He deals about 250 Area of Effect-Damage with every attack: As soon as the 1st tank dies, he'll just die instantly upon revive due to the fact that he hasn't got his Armor which reduces damage by 90%. Same goes to the Rhinocebros who do 200-Infinite AoE-Damage.
  • Most players are using 'Space' (Auto-action) to revive their Teammates but instead they'll grab their Items because they dropped them on death.
  • Wes and Maxwell-Mains would have a hard life due to their low health. Wes couldn't make use of his faster resurrection perk.
  • "As soon as the troll dies I can take the items which don't belong to him!": Just because you can do it doesn't mean that the troll can't do it aswell, think about it.

and we can't do anything about these people because they can just stay and do what they want 

• Join a 5/6 lobby so the troll won't be able to follow you.
  • Adding an easy PW, for example: '123', is a nice way to keep players who select 'Quick Match' off your game; Other suggestion: 'one two three (numbers)'.
  • Other players are using tricks like: "Add me on friendlist to get the PW", maybe you should try it aswell.

There are that many problems with "Votekick" and "Must be higher than level x to join", I do understand why Klei didn't implement these features.

20 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

"As soon as the troll dies I can take the items which don't belong to him!": Just because you can do it doesn't mean that the troll can't do it aswell, think about it.

I didn't think of it before, but this is so true. It would definitely do more harm than help.

About passwords, it's even better to add a Forge-related question and set the answer as the password. For example "who can oneshot the pit pigs?".

22 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

you could've also been a Wendy who's afk 24/7 on a server, that would give you more exp than winning once a day.

As a Wendy-main with many victories behind me, I find this assumption pretty... disturbing. Sure, farming is a thing, but I haven't seen it to be character-related yet.

9 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

"who can oneshot the pit pigs?"

My first answer would be: "Wickerbottom", but some players might use/answer with "wickerbottom" which will not be accepted by the system due to lower case letters.

My turn with questions now: "Who's not a healer?"; "What's Wigfrids Tier 2 weapon?"; "Who can't make that good use of rapid fire due to his ability?"; "Who needs to be buffed?"; "Who should get the +100 health armor? (Role)"; "When is Hallowed Nights ending? (4 Numbers: DDMM)"

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

My first answer would be: "Wickerbottom", but some players might use/answer with "wickerbottom" which will not be accepted by the system due to lower case letters.

If someone cares, could try the password both with capital and without. Or the server creator could specify that in description, anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:19 AM, Alarsin said:

"Your" lobby is a dedicated server provided by Klei. You are not the admin of the server.

Dropping items upon death is a terrible idea because, once revived, you'll need to spend like 5 seconds to pick up your stuff. If something goes wrong and half of your team dies, you won't have these 5 seconds.

ok seems a good idea i haven't thought about 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

3 can't be used for trolling - disagree

Actually...

I've had a team where there was this Wicker who was our healer. Halfway through scorpions round something triggered her and she refused to heal and just stand in one place. And since unless she herself would drop the staff we weren't able to heal ourselfs and we lost that game.

So you can use this fact to troll

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Actually...

I've had a team where there was this Wicker who was our healer. Halfway through scorpions round something triggered her and she refused to heal and just stand in one place. And since unless she herself would drop the staff we weren't able to heal ourselfs and we lost that game.

So you can use this fact to troll

trolls can find many ways to troll

but the general fact is that most deaths arent via trolling... kinda a waste of time if you have to reequip all you equipment on death

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

trolls can find many ways to troll

but the general fact is that most deaths arent via trolling... kinda a waste of time if you have to reequip all you equipment on death

Don't care about op's suggestion.

Just wanted to correct you

Archived