Need ways to get Red/blue gems

Mday

I am on day 100, killed the two boss, smashed all pots. Got 3 blue gems 1 orange gem and 1 yellow gem but no red gems. Earth quake works I guess but the chance of getting anything at all from earth quake is just so low, I am barely making a profit in teams of flint/rocks. It is a big deal because I can't build the smelter without a red gem.

Please make magic store sell blue/red gems and put some gems into masked pig chest loot table. Ty.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

I am on day 100, killed the two boss, smashed all pots. Got 3 blue gems 1 orange gem and 1 yellow gem but no red gems. Earth quake works I guess but the chance of getting anything at all from earth quake is just so low, I am barely making a profit in teams of flint/rocks. It is a big deal because I can't build the smelter without a red gem.

Please make magic store sell blue/red gems and put some gems into masked pig chest loot table. Ty.

Wait you are on day 100 and you don’t have a smelter...? Smash pots, mine pillars, and do what Spoony said, that’s your best chance to find a red gem.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Let the Roc take you to it’s nest. There will be some petrified eggs that, iirc, will always give at least one red, one blue and one purple gem.

Not always, unfortunately. My Roc’s nest only gave me a purple gem. I was in the same situation after smashing every single pot on the map and finally had to spawn a red gem.

Yeah I agree, there needs to be a guarantueed way. 

I also spent a lot of time in one playthrough to desperately get a red gem. And luckily got one after destroying all the pots(which didnt yield one) but then eventually got one from a stalagmite I had not harvested yet. But its just too frustrating when you need this so badly for the smelter and its just so random

I think Masked Pigs having a chance to have a gem would be the more ideal solution without breaking the integrity the developers are trying to go for with having the gems a bit of a mystery to find with no guaranteed way like having it in a shop.

Shouldn't have to turn over the entire map just to find one though.

17 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Let the Roc take you to it’s nest. There will be some petrified eggs that, iirc, will always give at least one red, one blue and one purple gem.

unfortunately I just did this and got nothing but rocks when I mined them! 

Archived