look what i found

I've seen people play that...it's been out for a while.  It actually looks interesting; the fact that you HAVE to play it with other players in a continuing world and can't just start from the beginning on your own is what's turning me off from it.  Like, I don't wanna mess up other peoples' hard work by accident and get yelled at, or come into a world where all the basics are picked over and I die before I hit the advanced town to the next screen over.

Anyway it's got VERY little in common with Don't Starve except for being a survival game where you, yes, have to eat sometimes.  Your character starts as a baby, grows up, gets different abilities at different ages (if you LIVE that long--I've seen let's plays where people went waaaaayyyyyyy far out away from the village to make SURE their unwanted babies were _really_ good and abandoned!), have kids, and a world _as a whole_ can advance from caveman days up to...I've heard it can get more advanced than Don't Starve's time period, but I haven't personally seen that yet.  Sounds interesting but like I said I'm not sure I could play it myself. (shrug)

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I've seen people play that...it's been out for a while.  It actually looks interesting; the fact that you HAVE to play it with other players in a continuing world and can't just start from the beginning on your own is what's turning me off from it.  Like, I don't wanna mess up other peoples' hard work by accident and get yelled at,

Wait, have you ever even played DST on a pub?

Yes, obviously...(rolls eyes)  There was something different about the situation in "One Hour, One Life" that made me not want to...WAIT!  I just remembered what it was.  It's that it's ONE server.  One.  Continuing.  Server.  That's it.  (unless the dude's changed it lately, I dunno.)  There's absolutely no choices, no ability to go with one that's public but on Day 1, you HAVE to play in the long-running one, and the later you come in the more intimidating it sounds.  At least to me.

...just lemme play the difficult naked caveperson game by MYSELF for a while first to learn the ropes, geez!  : P And...it's not ACTUALLY PvP...? but you can be a _beep_ to other players just the same.  Such as the aforementioned deliberate baby-abandoning.  There's a lot of sadly necessary "cold equations" going on..."Well, you're a cute baby, and I know you're animated by a player who's done nothing to me, but...we LITERALLY do not have enough food for another mouth!  Bye."  that kind of thing.  That's another reason I'd like to try it by myself or possibly only with friends, but no, it's one server (unless, again, it's been changed.  Footage I saw was from the beta I think).  Neat concept story-wise...not sure how well it'd work for insecure-about-their-playing anxious introverts, though.

No, no, for me, the "best" Don't Starve clone so far has gotta be the one that tells you not to feel strave.  That's still my favourite.  : P

...Notorious

Archived