Wilson Is NOT a HEALER

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

u are not counting the casting and waiting factor into those numbers.. the higher the casts also the higher the wait... powerful heals are more effective.. and save gathering, waiting, casting time

I was using Arcwell's and RancorSnp's numbers. They are not "real" numbers because I cannot accurately get Wicker's boosting efficiency since dealing 200 damage is highly skilled based. Those numbers were just a comparison to show that Winona overall is the best healer, because she heals the most more frequently.

RancorSnp said the healing circle lasts 10 seconds. So after casting, Winona would have to wait 16.8s when fully equipped while Wicker would have to wait 19.2s. Since the circle lasts 10s. one would have to wait 6.8s to cast again as Winona, while Wicker would have to wait 9.2s. Casting time is irrelevant since they both cast at the same time, and it is a comparison between the two.

What I posted was just an empirical analysis between both characters using previously posted data under optimal conditions. I think what you want is not possible due to a lack of data, and the high variability between skill level of players. If we wanted to have a better analysis, we would have to test the same subjects at least 1000 times, and record their results. That or Klei could come out and say that Winona is better.

23 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

If you're playing with competent people, they won't be dying AT ALL making bringing Wilson for anything a waste of DPS.

Winona is an ok pick because the heals also provide CC which is good if your team wants to be cautious as she can control the field easily (she will be very strong as as the community unlocks more waves and bosses, I imagine we will be fighting new waves and possibly even new mobs making her an ok pick for those unfamiliar with what lies ahead.)

With staff rapid fire charging Wickers staff is a breeze making her amplified heals much stronger than the basic heals. Even when juggling a tome you can still manage to get an amplify ready for the next heal.

Playing wicker exclusively when I play healer, I've found that juggling between CD reduction and Healing hat is more than enough for casting a good flow of heals.

Now the above things I said are because when I play I spend a good 30 minutes sometimes attempting to find competent people, so I don't have to play Wilson because no one is ever going to die and he has no healing bonuses at all, and I don't play Winona because I don't feel that with my knowledge of the current waves in forge that I need to play safe at all, I need to have strong heals to heal the one, maybe two people taking damage. Especially at the boarrior fight.

Going with as stated at the very top, Wilson is only a good pick if you're playing with people you expect to do bad.

Hmmm a competent team is a winning team... calling only one type of speedrunners or tryharders team a competent team is a bit of a strecht tbh, cuz by the default u implying other teams aren't. 

2 hours ago, MasterWolf said:

I cannot accurately get Wicker's boosting efficiency since dealing 200 damage is highly skilled based.

It's actually not that hard. If you're not juggling the petrifying tome (for example, if you have a Maxwell on your team to do that instead) then almost every heal is going to be amplified.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:57 PM, GenomeSquirrel said:

Wicker’s boost is after attacking, the thing that draws enemy aggro, on the role that absolutely doesn’t want to draw aggro. On that note, Wendy and Willow come with aggro deterents. There’s an argument that while flooded with enemies, it’s those 2 whose abilities have strategic value while realizing Wicker’s boost comprises her ability to heal.

Oversimplification isn’t doing you any favors; it’s annoying, rigid, and not helping anyone.

Well that's why you have tanks, to draw aggro and to use their alt attacks that not only stun the enemy but keep it on them, I don't see how you fail not realize that but maybe you don't know how the alt attack worked?

Most of the time I find Willow redundant, I am not saying that she has no potential, believe me every character does in their own way, but public matches where people have no idea what they're doing often causes Willow to not be used to her fullest potential, burnie? Or her bear... (Never touched her since never found her useful in survival DST) is actually a good way for WILLOW to lose aggro, for wicker or even ANY healer they need the team's help, surely you must know that a healer can get interrupted when casting a spell...

On 11/8/2018 at 2:04 AM, minespatch said:

With Wilson, I can start with DPS and then be a mage/healer for the team. If a team member is nice, they'll hand me over a speed armor so I can avoid enemies faster while the other members kill off enemies while I load. The biggest problem is when the healing circle happens and players try to attack sleeping enemies, I have to avoid the sleeping circle so I can save my cooldown.

You know who else hates healing circles?

Wicker and Maxwell... Because everyone spams their alt attack instantly and in some cases you don't know if they're going to do it or not. No harm done, they all attack the one who alt clicked anyway.

8 hours ago, OldFredBear said:

Well that's why you have tanks, to draw aggro and to use their alt attacks that not only stun the enemy but keep it on them, I don't see how you fail not realize that but maybe you don't know how the alt attack worked?

I see tanks maintaining 100% of the aggro as ideal but unpractical, and the healing/sleep service too important to comprimise

11 hours ago, OldFredBear said:

Most of the time I find Willow redundant, I am not saying that she has no potential, believe me every character does in their own way, but public matches where people have no idea what they're doing often causes Willow to not be used to her fullest potential, burnie? Or her bear... (Never touched her since never found her useful in survival DST) is actually a good way for WILLOW to lose aggro, for wicker or even ANY healer they need the team's help, surely you must know that a healer can get interrupted when casting a spell...

I will go a bit off-rails here, but Willow is far from redundant. If you go to the Forge's official stats you will see that she is consistent in almost all the best teams every time it updates along with Wickerbottom, Wigfrid, Webber, and Woodie; only the tank role rotates regularly between WX and Winona and the occasional Wolfgang. And the reason is simple: she really amplifies that meteor staff's damage consistently, and her Bernie/teddy bear can really help the healer or reviver to do their jobs until Boarrior comes, but for that, Willow needs to take damage first, otherwise Bernie will just stand there doing nothing (the lazy bear). This also means that Willow as healer is not really that great of an idea, even if she is still better than Wilson (because if Willow-healer dies, you still have a reviver; and if Wilson dies, you still have a healer).

Archived