Why is the Spiral Spear skin not a Battle Spear skin?

Starlogy

8 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Encajaría mucho mejor honestamente, y ya tenemos un Spear reskin con el Pith Pike. Wickerbottom tiene su libro reskins, ¿por qué no puede Wigfrid obtener algo especial?

For the same foolish reason, because there are no axes and golden shovels from the Gorge skins

- They did not think about it, or simple laziness

While i really wish they would do battle spear skins, i understand why they didn't. Realistically speaking, it would be too confusing to tell them apart on quick glance. It's probably the same reason we'll never get a piggyback or Krampus skin, cause they're totally different items that NEED to look different than backpacks.

I already dislike how some skins make items look like something they are not (ancient chest skin, fashion pumpkin, ancient cane, etc), spearks would make it worse.

21 minutes ago, Serph said:

While i really wish they would do battle spear skins, i understand why they didn't. Realistically speaking, it would be too confusing to tell them apart on quick glance. It's probably the same reason we'll never get a piggyback or Krampus skin, cause they're totally different items that NEED to look different than backpacks.

Not if they made the spiral spear and pith pike skins unique to Wigfrid's battlespear. Wickerbottom already has a unique skin for the End is Nigh book, so why not do the same? Only Wigfrid can get those items in the Forge.

43 minutes ago, dinosaur1831 said:

Not if they made the spiral spear and pith pike skins unique to Wigfrid's battlespear. Wickerbottom already has a unique skin for the End is Nigh book, so why not do the same? Only Wigfrid can get those items in the Forge.

Because no one else can make and reads books? A skin for the an extremely situational book is completely silly and the worst example, nothing should follow that. Also any melee char can use spears on forge, Wig just spawns with one.

27 minutes ago, Serph said:

Because no one else can make and reads books? A skin for the an extremely situational book is completely silly and the worst example, nothing should follow that. Also any melee char can use spears on forge, Wig just spawns with one.

The spiral spear only drops if there's a Wigfrid in the group.

In the Forge...

1.Pith pike is a spear anyone the melee can use but only usable by others if a Wigfrid gives it to them.

2.It is arguably better at DPS that the normal melee weapon (hammer).

3.It has a higher barrier of entry (requiring a Wigfrid) than the normal melee weapon.

In the base game...

1.Battle spear is a spear anyone can use but only if a Wigfrid gives it to them.

2.It has significantly better DPS than the normal spear.

3.It has a higher barrier of entry (requiring a Wigfrid) than most other basic melee weapons.

The Battle Spear and Pith Pike have so many similarities that it seems like a weird and confusing design decision to not make it a Battle Spear skin. I have absolutely no idea why Klei would do this. The game is not lacking for Spear or Staff skins. We could also extend this to the Spiral Spear that, again, is only obtainable if a Wigfrid is present.

Maybe Klei changed how the Pith Pike and Spiral Spear are obtained in Forge this year so Wigfrid is not required to obtain one. If so it makes sense to have them be normal spear skins. If not it seems really odd they aren't Battle Spear skins since they are exclusive to Wigfrid.

41 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

1.Pith pike is a spear anyone can use but only usable by others if a Wigfrid gives it to them.

5/12 characters (Willow, Wendy, Wickerbottom, Maxwell, Webber) can't use melee weapons. So there are only 6 out of 11 characters she can hand over the Pith Pike.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:28 AM, JimmyJam said:

Because updating a game and making new modes for free is super lazy... The most likely forgot about her or have plans for a skin.

1. the item is already created and ready for the spear, so applying it to the Wigfrid spear is just a copy and paste to the other, it is not difficult

2. the example of laziness is referring to the skins of "Gorge" where they did not make the skins for the gold tools, as if they did with the armor of the previous event "Forge" in this case for the wooden armor, which could be made of gold with the scales of the fly.

3. The new Forge Skins are horrible ... especially Wendy's: c

15 minutes ago, FortuneCat said:

1. the item is already created and ready for the spear, so applying it to the Wigfrid spear is just a copy and paste to the other, it is not difficult

2. the example of laziness is referring to the skins of "Gorge" where they did not make the skins for the gold tools, as if they did with the armor of the previous event "Forge" in this case for the wooden armor, which could be made of gold with the scales of the fly.

3. The new Forge Skins are horrible ... especially Wendy's: c

Dude you sound like a spoiled kid on x-mas who got everything they wanted but is still mad about it.

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

Dude you sound like a spoiled kid on x-mas who got everything they wanted but is still mad about it.

Instead of just getting your head in one yes for everything, just look at the title, I'm not a WIgfrid main but even I would like my single spear with skin, being a simple matter to make.

if you have no more argument than to say that we are children crying for things for which we will pay or play until you are tired ... I do not know what you are doing here the truth?

32 minutes ago, FortuneCat said:

Instead of just getting your head in one yes for everything, just look at the title, I'm not a WIgfrid main but even I would like my single spear with skin, being a simple matter to make.

if you have no more argument than to say that we are children crying for things for which we will pay or play until you are tired ... I do not know what you are doing here the truth?

nothing wrong with asking for a skin and i never said there was. Calling them lazy is wrong considering they update and add new events to the game for free. 

23 hours ago, FortuneCat said:

it is you can craft scalemail with wooden armor skins.

3 hours ago, Mentos said:

Looks like they decided to keep the skins for regular spears. Oh well, thanks klei for yet another cool skin on a garbage tier item.

It might be a bad item compared to others, but it's still an important stepping stone in the early game. So it'll at least see some use unlike the grass suit skins.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:24 PM, MasterWolf said:

@Starlogy , I'm glad Klei went for the better method of making the skin available to everyone, instead of a few salty people.

That is under the assumption that Wigfrid is not expected to be sharing her battle spears among other players, which is not uncommon among public servers with a fair bit of teamwork.

Ideally, however, I think it would be an excellent compromise for both spears to receive separate skins at least somewhere down the road. I fail to understand just who are those "salty people", and for the record I have yet to see any genuine misconduct on these forums concerning the issue in question.

Meanwhile, a Wigfrid, somewhere, has to make the sincerely difficult decision of whether or not to use a cooler looking, but weaker skinned spear, or her somewhat drab in comparison vanilla battle spear. It happens, folks. Silly preposition, I'm aware, but I reckon it's worth the mention.

Archived