i got the rog firepit even though i dont have rog

so i just opened the game and this gift box appeared and said "thanks for play ROG" the problem is, i dont have rog. is this normal? or just some kind of bug?

edit: probably should've mentioned i don't have normal ds as well :p actually, the only game i have is dst XD.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Alarsin said:

You probably shouldn't have reported that because they might take it back.

That doesn't sound like us... In fact if OP sends me their steamid or KU I'll add RoG to their inventory for real as thanks for reporting.

Anyway, no mystery here. A bunch of crazy stuff happened yesterday with the Hamlet beta package that resulted in RoG being temporarily added to it in the place of Hamlet itself. It's complicated. :) Anyway, the item server said "ohh, this user owns RoG" and gave you the item. Enjoy the skin, thanks for letting us know! Hope you enjoy Hamlet too when it comes out.

On 02/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, nome said:

That doesn't sound like us... In fact if OP sends me their steamid or KU I'll add RoG to their inventory for real as thanks for reporting.

Anyway, no mystery here. A bunch of crazy stuff happened yesterday with the Hamlet beta package that resulted in RoG being temporarily added to it in the place of Hamlet itself. It's complicated. :) Anyway, the item server said "ohh, this user owns RoG" and gave you the item. Enjoy the skin, thanks for letting us know! Hope you enjoy Hamlet too when it comes out.

I own the mega pack on PS4 and I did not receive any skin for RoG and Ship.

31 minutes ago, nome said:

Praise Nome’s great generosity!

• Developer
49 minutes ago, Marco Livio said:

I own the mega pack on PS4 and I did not receive any skin for RoG and Ship.

Yeah, unfortunately on console we don't have a "Which of our games do you own?" API like we do on steam, so for now at least we have no way to give that gift. Word on the street is that there might have been some changes there since last I looked, I'll try to book off some time to dig through the developer docs again soon.

12 hours ago, nome said:

Hey, I didn't receive any skins for the Hamlet beta. As a matter of fact, I didn't get to play the Beta at all. I'll accept a pre-release of Hamlet in my steam account, please and thank you

On 11/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, nome said:

all the people at klei are so damn generous that it makes me tear up a bit.

I'm...not sure if you guys should go around putting that personal information on the public board.  You can private-message the devs through clicking on their screen-names here.  I've done it (when things were going wrong with something).  This information won't help the two people who have ALREADY posted their private Steam information, but...

That said, that is an adorably weird glitch and an even more adorable way to fix it.  Awww.  :)

...Notorious

Archived