High-end Volcano Upgrades

I'd like to suggest some kind of space tech that allows us to modify our existing geyser/vents/volcanos to give us a way to adjust a bad map seed towards the end of the game.

Possible upgrades:

• increase/lower output (capped)
  • increase/reduce activity intervals (capped)
  • increase/reduce downtime (capped)
  • change the type of geyser (random?)

Those techs should be very resource-intensive.

+1000 and double hearts on and for this great idea! May we become oil tycoons in the game :D ? It would be awesome to sink an exponential amount of resources into being able to upgrade volcanoes, oil sources, geysers etc. from Tech 1 - Tech 9. Yeah !

Also...Why not have every tech upgrade level make the resource spewing out with dramatically increased pressure per tech upgrade level ? Via debug I have played with some 10000kg steam pressure per tile ( So this would be tech9 upgrade level ) - It's a fun challenge to contain such things without melting the base and all dupes away. This in combo with implemented fire/combustion/chemical reactions, would already be worth a $10 DLC if they would work 1 entire year on implementing all this in an awesome way into the game ( + doctor job, firefighters, optional earthquakes and other major disasters ). The game needs to attract more buyers and the masses, to ensure we have a long ongoing development of ONI content.

image.png.c46fedcdecb6cd71ee46874c76febbaf.png

image.png.5f65911890b33984bea74150d339f97b.pngimage.png.26cb5203e03a6346cf3e5213ef984be2.png

25 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

There was an idea about a machine that "tames" the geysers. You`d build it on it to get the gas or liquid directly to pipes. Maybe it could the operated by an engineer or scientist dupe to alter the spawn amounts.

Actually I have posted something about Geyser Pump idea before.

But that would be a good idea to make geyser adjustable. That would be better.

Interesting idea.

Except the part to add a new geyser/volcano. It's part of the fun to set an autosufficient base with what is set on the map. :)

For example, in my current game,I don't have metal volcano for microchips, but I can make 3 natural gaz generators, instead. ;) 

5 hours ago, Gwido said:

Except the part to add a new geyser/volcano. It's part of the fun to set an autosufficient base with what is set on the map. :)

I didnt write that we should be able to add a new geyser. I wrote that we should get an option to replace an existing geyser with a different one. And that this option should be veeeery lategame, costly and might even be partially luck-based.

This would allow players to adjust the map to their needs towards the end of their game and motivate players who rolled a bad map to continue playing and face the odds until they are able to change their hand later-on.

Because at it currently stands there is no way of knowing whether you have a good or bad mapseed until you have uncovered most of the map. This takes the vast majority of players several hundreds of cycles. By that point it is no longer viable to start over. Still it is pretty frustrating to find out that your third map seed in a row has spawned without a single volcano on the map.

Archived