does bosses respawn?

It does for me, but only off screen. I can't say anything about the Womant, but I do know the Pugalisk respawned for me, as in his fountain refilled after like, 20 something days. 

Spoiler

(Psst, if you get the water it's better to plant it over eating it. You'll see why...)

I spawned a second pugalisk fountain in one of my games. I believe my second one refilled after an amount of time. When I tested the original it didn't after 40+ days. I know the original isn't supposed to at the moment, but had to test it!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

After the plant revives you, the waters of eternal youth should flow again after a day.

@Jason I thought I had tested this before, so I decided to hop on and test it after I saw your post. It still doesn't work. Unless I'm somehow doing this wrong. But I just did two playtests for it:

• Grab water > Avoid Pugalisk > Plant flower > Die and revive using flower > Kill Pugalisk > Wait day(s) > Fountain not flowing after a week.
  • Grab water > Kill Pugalisk > Plant flower > Die and revive using flower > Wait day(s) > Fountain not flowing after a week.

The reason I jumped on to test it in the first place though - if someone grabs the water and never kills the pugalisk, would the fountain still respawn after one day post revival using the flower? My point being - I think you should be forced to kill the Pugalisk to get the water. For example: maybe if you attempt to take the water from the fountain pre pugalisk death, it would stop flowing until it is dead and then post-death it should actually allow you to take the water? It kind of defeats the purpose of it guarding the water if you can just take it from the fountain and ignore the Pugalisk.

Edit: The above paragraph is just a suggestion, softened it a bit to make it not seem so "matter-of-fact." I still stand by my opinion that the water shouldn't be retrievable pre defeating the pugalisk.

Archived