Steel. Both unrefined and refined.

11 minutes ago, neoazureus said:

I think that this happens because now steel is also considered as a raw metal, which allows gas pumps (and other things) to be built with steel (since it can only be made with raw metal)

It's a bug ? Maybe not

but showing it twice might be

I actually think it is a good indication that it can also be used as Raw Metal.

However what I now saw after dropping a few meteors on the three high-end metals (spawned in sandbox) is that all of them are listed as Raw Metal only, not as Refined one. So I think it is rather an oversight that there are indeed two kinds.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

are you sure you are not mixing up steel and iron?

26 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

He is.

Actually, Steel can be found on Tier 3 (30k km away), at least mine are both Satellites with Steel, Glass and Copper. but welp...

Currently I am very stuck teaching my Sandbox Dupes how to Exosuit, I'm making them currently store stuff but it does not seem to be working any faster than idling. Maybe pseudo-construction tasks may help.

If I ever get to the Steel, I will see if it is indeed classified as raw (like the Steel I made with Sandbox and had to destroy with Meteors).

29 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Actually, Steel can be found on Tier 3 (30k km away), at least mine are both Satellites with Steel, Glass and Copper. but welp...

Let me be more precise.

All steel you produce with the metal refinery is counted as both raw metal and refined metal which is clearly a bug whereas steel you find on other planets, or you get back from deconstructing constructions made of steel only counts as raw metal which is also a bug.

Iron and all other refined metals only show up as refined metal no matter what the origin is.

Archived