Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

zMaestoso

Will i be able to play the beta if i buy the game?

Recommended Posts

zMaestoso    0

I just bought the megapack, followed the instructions thread exactly and even though it says "Don't Starve [hamletbeta]", it still show the shipwrecked screen =(

Did i actually get screwed because i didn't own the game when the beta started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeruul    245

You have to own Don't Starve before the beta starts to join the closed beta. 

You're not "screwed" since Hamlet gets released in December anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zMaestoso    0

But at least will i get Hamlet automatically since i bought the megapack, or will i probably have to pay separately? What happened when shipwrecked was released? (was the megapack available back then, even?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViCiOuS-V.    17

Check out your steam library! I've gotten in the BETA although I've only owned Together on it and not the base game or the DLC for it. 
After it being already in my library I decided to buy the Single Player Pack and then was able to enter the Hamlet Beta.
:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4k33m    26

Being part of the beta test will not grant a free copy of hamlet. Your megapack will probably not include the hamlet dlc. Otherwise everyone who ever bought the megapack would get a free copy of every dlc that will ever come out. Doesn't sound like a clever business plan to me.

Probably the future megapack will cost more due to more content. so expect to have to pay for the hamlet dlc. But on the upside,imho you just bought one of the best games ever with hours and hours of exploration, new stuff to discover and lots of dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rellimarual    4,043
1 hour ago, 4k33m said:

Probably the future megapack will cost more due to more content. so expect to have to pay for the hamlet dlc. But on the upside,imho you just bought one of the best games ever with hours and hours of exploration, new stuff to discover and lots of dying.

Seconded. There's not a lot of things you can spend $20 (or whatever) on and be more sure you're getting your money's worth than a new DS game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,302
34 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Seconded. There's not a lot of things you can spend $20 (or whatever) on and be more sure you're getting your money's worth than a new DS game.

Terraria and Don't Starve was the best money i ever spent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FeNniX    188
3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Terraria and Don't Starve was the best money i ever spent!

Exactly my two favorite games in this genre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zMaestoso    0

The problem is that, since i'm not getting any new content or the beta until december, i could at least wait for a sale... so i guess i'm gonna refund and buy when either it's on sale or hamlet gets released.

 

17 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

Just in case you didn't try this yet, here are the instructions on how to make the beta active:

 

 

I've already tried that, to no success, unfortunately

 

23 hours ago, ViCiOuSVx said:

Check out your steam library! I've gotten in the BETA although I've only owned Together on it and not the base game or the DLC for it. 
After it being already in my library I decided to buy the Single Player Pack and then was able to enter the Hamlet Beta.
:)

My library never got the hamlet beta, and i can't download it either... i guess you got very lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites