Hello guys! (•ω•)/

No colony game is fun without hazards.

Currently our hazards are meteors (for guys who have reached the surface), temperatures and germs.

I would like to have more hazards to make the game more challenging. Especially we have apocalypse difficulty for the game.

My idea is FIRE.

Locations with rich O2 content and flammables are more likely to have fire. So avoid storing your fuels in oxygen enviornment.

Burning produces lots of carbon dioxide. So avoid your base overwhelmed with that.

What’s your idea about new hazard? (•ω•)/

I like this idea, it could pave the road for other updates and ideas like the need to blanket or inert your storage with a new element (to the game) Nitrogen. Could be used to provide a barrier between "atmosphere" and fuel sources and could even present a new hazard of asphyxiation to dupes. All in all, I like the idea of Fire being added to the game. 

A few months ago I proposed a Hazard Upgrade, complete with fire, a firefighting job, appropriate buildings for automating firefighting, and of course a pyromaniac stress response.  This was before the updated road map informed us that the Rocketry and Space Industry Upgrades would be the last to introduce new mechanics to the base game, so alas post-release support is the only way we're getting fire in ONI.

1 hour ago, Daxterr said:

Well ever since the game was released hydrogen and a few other gases have been listed as "flammable" and still others I believe are listed as "combustible". It seems like Klei thought about this long ago.

I was thinking it`s more along the lines of it being usable in some sort of furnace either as a fuel or transforming into something when put in (metals back into ore, organics into coal).

Archived