H-Hey,hey,hey, you. Yes, you. You need to chill out.

Here is a seed:

seed.png.7edbd93775d28ef5d4d3fa6dc040f97e.png

just water it every other day and it will grow into a happy little tree.

There are 3 cOoL Slush Geysers inside it, Southwest,North and East side of the asteroid.
Have fun, cool off that steam with a nice -10ºC bath (don't tho, that kills people) ,enjoy your vacation.

Oh and if you want to visit a sauna or somewhere really hot, there is an Iron Volcano, an actual Volcano and a Water Geyser for you to bathe in while your body cries out in pain asking what it did to deserve such fate . Be careful that the last two are fairly close to the starting area.

So, anyway, yeah. Enjoy.

Edit: Here is the save file, include 3 mouth breathers dupes to start with because it is just that breathtaking of a seed. (gottem)

Vacation.sav

2 hours ago, gbudiman said:

Is there any natural gas geyser though?

Every map should have a minimum of 1.  In the Swamp Biome, one of your exposed Geysers is guaranteed to be NatGas.  In the Caustic Biome, there is a 50/50 chance for the second exposed Geyser to be either a Chlorine or a NatGas.  This is in addition to the 2 guaranteed exposed Cool Steam -- 1 in the Swamp, and on in the Caustic.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Uhm. I just tried it. I only found one slush geyser, 2 hot polluted oxygen vents, a 2 cool steam, 2 NG, 2 chlorine, a magma and a copper volcano.

Is the map gen different on "no sweat" and "survival"? I only play survival mode at hard setting.

I didn’t change the difficulty while testing the seed, so you should get the same result if you do a regular survival setting 

Just now, Deustodo said:

I didn’t change the difficulty while testing the seed, so you should get the same result if you do a regular survival setting 

Nope. I tested both settings now and none of them gives the POIs you describe. Are you using a linux or mac version? I know the seeds are different on linux than windows.

1 hour ago, Deustodo said:

Did you started this seed before or after the rocketry update? I think that is important because the developers altered the worldgen to get fossil into the oil biomes. If something changes to the world gen, usually the whole seed changes.

26 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Did you started this seed before or after the rocketry update? I think that is important because the developers altered the worldgen to get fossil into the oil biomes. If something changes to the world gen, usually the whole seed changes.

The seed is after the rocketry upgrade, yes

after you dig all the fossil available you get 90t and some change 

4 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Ok, that's weird then. The only other explanation I then I see is that the seeds is run on a different OS.

That seems so weird to me. Can someone explain why this would even happen? The map gen just doesn't seem like something you'd depend on OS level calls, especially since the random part is already done with the seed generation.

6 minutes ago, clickrush said:

That seems so weird to me. Can someone explain why this would even happen? The map gen just doesn't seem like something you'd depend on OS level calls, especially since the random part is already done with the seed generation.

I had a lengthy discussion on Discord about this a while ago. It turns out map seeds are completely different when running the windows and linux versions. None of us had a mac to test if it was different from either or both on that though.

The discussion started the same way as here btw. Someone posted a map seed and said it was perfect. I tested it and got a completely different result so we sat down and tested 10 map seeds with screen shots which let to the above conclusion. We even had other people confirm the results.

3 hours ago, clickrush said:

That seems so weird to me. Can someone explain why this would even happen? The map gen just doesn't seem like something you'd depend on OS level calls, especially since the random part is already done with the seed generation

As an example, different OS handle some very low-level things like the order of memory IO differently.  A procedurally generated formula might be used on both OS identically and get different results because the order of the initial inputs change, and that changes the calculation for the next input, and so on. The devs could probably have accounted for this to make the seeds gen the same map identically on different OS, but it might well be a ton of extra work for not much payoff. 

Your save file has exactly the same map I'm getting from your seed but with more/different geysers and vents, the geography is the same, interesting.

Anyway insane map, it also has 2 NG and a pretty weak spot against meteors.

Edit: btw thanks for the 3 mouth breathers to start with, how kind of you :p

Archived