Airborne food poisoning?

Im out of ideas, 16% of my duplicants regularily consume foodpoisoning, with miserable immune system this is an issue.

I moved all fridges to chlorine, so no foodborne germs. I did have 2 contaminated mushroom originally.

All food is fried: 100% barbeque or mushroom.

I had miniscule fp germs in My water coolers, that were using 0 germ watersource, so I disabled them.

I have plumbed bathrooms, and washing stations next to compost, but not before the kitchen.

I followed a dupe move from compost, washing station, ladder and his fp surface germs went from 1000's at compost, to 0 at sink to 10-30 on The ladder. So My airborne fp germs infect the dupe hands, then the food?

I've no ideas ATM. Using a tepidizer to kill The germs @ My polluted geyser would cause a lot of Power & heat issues...

... And airborne fp did not cause issues in The previous 100 cycles.

I am encountering something similar with my plants becoming tainted. Can I sterilize them with CO2? Or at worst CH...The FP is slowly increasing which is troubling. Not sure yet what to do about it. But, it's not airbourne yet, although I have a bit of tainted air about. I think the MW are dropping tainted lice?

Airborne food poisoning doesn't settle on objects and breathing it in has no ill effect on dupes. Ladder will stay at zero germs despite the air around it.

image.thumb.png.cd0af5c62c729a7e1419de92fc42ef0d.png

I use a simple closed loop of water through a sieve to keep the bathrooms running. Excess waste water is burnt in a fertilizer maker. It works with sinks too but I replaced them with hand sanitizers a long time ago.

I would estimate I have never seen a food poisoning germ in 1200+ cycles because I keep it contained in pipes (and having enough reliable wash stations for dupes to clean up).

image.thumb.png.8ce3918111858bb8f119a6846c2f3a4f.png

3 hours ago, Moggles said:

Airborne food poisoning doesn't settle on objects and breathing it in has no ill effect on dupes. Ladder will stay at zero germs despite the air around it.

I would estimate I have never seen a food poisoning germ in 1200+ cycles because I keep it contained in pipes (and having enough reliable wash stations for dupes to clean up).

I thought as much, so airborne fp is a dead end..

I've a fair bit of compost/dirt processing stations, are they to blame? I'm honestly baffled, had a 100 cycles with 0 fps, then BOOM:

image.thumb.png.89e31adcadf010484c7308b7c5b8e3b1.png

Surface food poisoning on 100% of the duplicants.. what are the possible sources? The toilets are not to blame..

Compost is the main problem because they will carry it out to the farms and get some on them.  Or they put it in a storage compactor.  Then they go to eat and consume small quantities.  And everything they touch will get some on it too. 

I would recommend putting your compost in a chlorine atmosphere (at least 2 kg/tile).  That should solve the problem.  Or let it offgas.  It's free oxygen I guess, but I have a problem with the optimal strategy being to leave waste on the floor so you can breathe it.

I guess you can find source of food poisoning by just looking at Germ Overlay(F9) control the source then do a big cleaning day wash every body hands then disinfect everything in the colony.

Sometime my water got food poisoning and oxygen production flooded my base with food poisoning oxygen.

Archived