Will the cold biome warm up if I use it as a heat synch?

It`s entirely possible to melt an ice biome. I`ve done it before. Simple pumping 40oC+ water through radiant pipes will melt a small ice biome over 50 cycles. Just need to diperse the heat throughout the biome. It will grant you quite a bit extra water as well.

8 hours ago, Carnis said:

..and fixed output machines.

If you insert 99C water into electrolyzer you get 70C Oxygen which has lower specific heat & lower absolute temp.

If you Feed 120C polluted water into sieve you get 40C water reducing heat massively.

Wait, so if I pump the incredibly hot geyser water into a sieve, it automatically cools to 40c? Cause that's way, way more than an aquatuner, and cheaper too.

4 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

Wait, so if I pump the incredibly hot geyser water into a sieve, it automatically cools to 40c? Cause that's way, way more than an aquatuner, and cheaper too.

No. Only polluted water that is actually cleaned gets the temperature reset. If you pump in clean water it comes out at the exact same temperature it entered at. 

You can however run hot clean water through a carbon skimmer,  changing it into 40C polluted water.  Then heat that polluted water to cool other stuff. Then run hot polluted water through the sieve and get 40C clean water back. 

More involved but does a lot of heat removal.

Archived