Vitamin chews use 100kg of coal?

2 minutes ago, zergologist said:

Tried Hypothermia therapy? I heard that it overpowers all other diseases and can be used to fend off slimelung and food poisoning

Umm, then you have to cure them of hypothermia, which takes more-or-less the same time in a med-bed.

21 minutes ago, The Flying Fox said:

Better that they're just sneezing.. then puking up their stomach or coughing up their lungs..?

Does it matter?  They still have to spend 2 days in a med-bed not working.

Well one of the most sustainable ways of coal production is stone hatches with igneous rock, and at 50% conversion that is 2 tons of igneous rock for 10 pills. Doable, but it would take a lot of hatches to produce that much for a colony if you need to feed them those pills often.

How often do you need to feed dupes those pills on miserable? (or whatever the worst setting is now where dupes don't regain immunity)

10 hours ago, psusi said:

Does it matter?  They still have to spend 2 days in a med-bed not working.

How is this possible with slimelung?  Perhaps I'm missing something, my dupes are spending about 8 days.

I lock my dupes in the med bay who contract slimelung,  I know when they are cured because they pee on the floor, despite standing next to 2 empty loos....

In any case, two days of hypothermia is better than 2 days of Slimelung, as it's necessary for another dupe to care for the Slimelung patient, or they will die.  Hypothermia is not fatal and the dupe can still work, abeit slower.

I also agree, 100kg of coal for one vitamin chew is insane.  You can say goodbye to your coal supply if you are unfortunate enough to set Continuous for Vitamin chew production.

13 hours ago, Carnis said:

Forget realism, 100kg coal is 100s on the coal generator, not much of a cost.

Now make 10 pills to keep 2 dupes happy for a few days and you're looking at 1000s of generator time.  2000s if your generator's only need to run half the time.  It adds up quick.  That's enough energy to run a pump for 55 minutes.

7 hours ago, Craigjw said:

How is this possible with slimelung?  Perhaps I'm missing something, my dupes are spending about 8 days.

I lock my dupes in the med bay who contract slimelung,  I know when they are cured because they pee on the floor, despite standing next to 2 empty loos....

In any case, two days of hypothermia is better than 2 days of Slimelung, as it's necessary for another dupe to care for the Slimelung patient, or they will die.  Hypothermia is not fatal and the dupe can still work, abeit slower.

I guess I haven't actually had someone contract it for quite some time; I didn't remember it being that bad.  My dupes have regained immunity ( still not really sure why it got low in the first place ), so I guess I'm good for now.  Might have to try hypotherma if they do catch slimelung next time.

Archived