Why is this not a great hall?

Minimum size: 32, got 34 so check

No industrial machinery: check

Mess tables: check

Decor items: check

Recreational building: that's what the water cooler is isn't it?  At least it says it is outside of a recreational room, so I would think so.

Screenshot from 2018-08-13 21-08-07.png

I can think of two possible reasons.

1: When I made my last great hall it didn't update to great hall until a dupe interacted with it (by eating in it). So its likely you just need to let a cycle play out.

2: If the above doesn't work then the only thing I can think of is your paintings suck. Only set someone who has at least 2 base skill (before the job bonus) to the artist job. Appeal requirement might be tied to topping it with a single item. Sucky art might not top that threshold.

7 minutes ago, Promethien said:

I can think of two possible reasons.

1: When I made my last great hall it didn't update to great hall until a dupe interacted with it (by eating in it). So its likely you just need to let a cycle play out.

2: If the above doesn't work then the only thing I can think of is your paintings suck. Only set someone who has at least 2 base skill (before the job bonus) to the artist job. Appeal requirement might be tied to topping it with a single item. Sucky art might not top that threshold.

Oh yea.  The paintings are each only 18, not 20.  My highest creativity is already on it and he's only 3 after mastering art student.  I guess I have to have him make more paintings to skill up.

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Oh yea.  The paintings are each only 18, not 20.  My highest creativity is already on it and he's only 3 after mastering art student.  I guess I have to have him make more paintings to skill up.

This is why 1 of my 3 starter dupes is always an artist. The other 2 being scientist and miner.

6 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Making your paintings or statues out of granite will also bump them a couple of points of decor. Might be enough to cross that threshold immediately.

That! That's.... Genius.

On another note, having a dupe with early bird should do the trick, the first 100 seconds of a cycle at least.

7 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Making your paintings or statues out of granite will also bump them a couple of points of decor. Might be enough to cross that threshold immediately.

16.5 with sandstone, 18 with granite.  He only started with 1 creativity but an interest in art so I figured he would quickly gain that extra needed point, but alas, not so far.

39 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

The first artist job does a level 1 painting.
The second artist job does the level 2 painting.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  It sounds like you are saying that the second painting the artist makes will be a level 2, but I've had him make a dozen and none over 20 yet.

2 hours ago, psusi said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  It sounds like you are saying that the second painting the artist makes will be a level 2, but I've had him make a dozen and none over 20 yet.

I mean I don't bother to paint anything until the artist  reaches the job role level 2.  First level job is art student or something and second level art job is Artist?

Basically skip the first painting because you have to deconstruct it and then rebuild it.    So instead just wait one of your artist becomes Artist Role 2.

The Quality of the Painting is what makes the great hall.  You just need 1 of the highest quality painting.

3 hours ago, psusi said:

Ahh... problem is if I promote anyone to that tier their stress goes through the roof, which is why I need the great hall and... something else I have yet to figure out to counter-act that.

Not really.  The job role morale requirement sticks ONLY if they reach 100%.
But they can still do the job role  at 0% and then you switch them to the lower role or another role.

So the Artist job is the easiest to 'exploit?'  or take advantage of.  Like the mech engineer.  

So all you need to do is reach 100% art student or apprentice or whatever its called (tier 1).  Select the Artist job (tier2).  Paint the pictures, and then change the job.  (make sure you "X" out every other task priority so that he/she is ONLY painting to save time.)   If he never reaches 100%  changing jobs won't retain that morale requirements.  It drops back down one level when you switch out.   You can cycle in other artists as well so you never actually need the level 2 artist to reach 100%-  they're basically useless for the entire game  other than to paint the picture.
Whenever you need the best quality just  change the role and change out.

18 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Not really.  The job role morale requirement sticks ONLY if they reach 100%.
But they can still do the job role  at 0% and then you switch them to the lower role or another role.

Yea, that's what I ended up doing ;)

I have 166 decor in the room...I will try whit granite... for one painting...And i have a 20+ decor painting...And a granite painting... and same results...I will let some cycle and see if anything change...

image.thumb.png.d5028a21c0d9d0482c50005a966a7dfc.png

image.thumb.png.768377e316e851cba25ab4ca6939581f.png

image.thumb.png.891be554300cab09536525200c337603.png

Post edit:

I was thinking that the problem was the order in witch the elements of the rooms is build. I build first the room, then the water cooler, then the paintings so i made an recreation room, After added the tables still Mess hall. Any ideas?

Post Post Edit:

I solved the problem. For great hall just increase the room size over 64 tiles and it will upgrade. Even if is said minimum size 32, and i have a 40 tile room It won't upgrade until the room is over 65.

image.thumb.png.68f5942bc67be2d0fb4fa94f39e9d848.png

10 hours ago, tzionut said:

Post Post Edit:

I solved the problem. For great hall just increase the room size over 64 tiles and it will upgrade. Even if is said minimum size 32, and i have a 40 tile room It won't upgrade until the room is over 65.

image.thumb.png.68f5942bc67be2d0fb4fa94f39e9d848.png

Strangely, I have a 43 tile great hall on my EU base.

Can you build a door and limit it back to under 65 tiles to test. Maybe its a rocketry update change?

Strangely, I have a 43 tile great hall on my EU base.

yes i did that already .. it return to mess hall.

I think is because of the development RU build. I will post as bug, because i think is a bug. In EU stable version worked, now....

Archived