[Game Update] - 279889

• Developer
  • Dupes won't use rec buildings more than one per half cycle.
  • Generators will now display what resource they are missing as part of their missing resources status item.
  • Tried to fix a crash that was occurring when some virus software was locking some of the yaml files being read by the game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting to the main menu.
  • Jobs screen now highlights a dupe if they are in over their heads.
  • Using a med bed, and receiving care includes a stress reduction effect.
  • Rectangle visualizer for drag tools such as dig and cancel should now have fixed edge widths.
  • Fixed Critter Feeder displaying empty, checked, filters for critters that cannot be fed from the critter feeder.
  • Roles screen now has feedback about the morale consequences of taking on new roles.
  • Pharma chamber also applies stress reduction.
  • Dupes won't interrupt healing in a medbed / pharma chamber to sneeze, cough, vomit.
  • Dupes recovering in a medbed or pharma chamber no longer interrupt their care to catch their breath.
  • Latrine to Washroom and Barracks to Bedroom room upgrades don't happen now unless you remove lower tech buildings furniture.
  • Dupes should no longer stop generating power to use the massage table.
  • Dupes should no longer stop peeing so that they can start urgently peeing.
  • Fixed an issue where cracking eggs was causing the resource screen to report incorrect values.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, SharraShimada said:
  • Dupes recovering in a medbed or pharma chamber no longer interrupt their care to catch their breath.

Does that mean, dupes will suffocate to death, if there is no oxygen, because they wont leave medbed?

Its only when they receive care from other duplicant.

• Like 1

• Developer
1 minute ago, SharraShimada said:

Does that mean, dupes will suffocate to death, if there is no oxygen, because they wont leave medbed?

Using a medbed/chamber boosts their breathing slightly, so they don't need to get up to catch their breath.

FYI this update messed up my door settings. Every door across the colony that was set to Open was loaded as closed and was impassable although not showing as locked.

Switching to Auto, a dupe toggling it, and then switching back to Open and being retoggled fixed it. 

Picture below is how it loaded up, all those doors were actually open before patch.

28MY7ki.png

I loaded my game and found out that all exosuits were dropped at the checkpoint and no dulicant want to deliver exosuit from the checkpoint to the dock, they just idle in base.

4 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I loaded my game and found out that all exosuits were dropped at the checkpoint and no dulicant want to deliver exosuit from the checkpoint to the dock, they just idle in base.

You should be able to disable the checkpoint to get them to wander over there and get your suits.  Once you've got one suit, they should domino the rest back into position if you set the docks up for deliver suit.

Not ideal, but it gives you an option.

6 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

You should be able to disable the checkpoint to get them to wander over there and get your suits.  Once you've got one suit, they should domino the rest back into position if you set the docks up for deliver suit.

Not ideal, but it gives you an option.

No the dupes wont even touch the exosuits that are on checkpoint, when I disabled checkpoint one of them bring the exosuit that was lying near exosuit forge, but they wont even take the exosuits that are on checkpoint, its like they don't even exist for them.

OK it works after hotfix.

Edited by _Q_

My dupes are so inefficient... If the compactor they want to put resource in is lacking only 1200 grams. They will go on a trip across the whole map to find those 1200 grams. And bring it back to this compactor. Not taking into account the other 25 compactors that are half empty. Leading to a tons of trips with 25kg because of mealwood taking 25kg of dirt for fertilization. A 20 tons sweep task is taking me more than 8 cycles...

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

No the dupes wont even touch the exosuits that are on checkpoint, when I disabled checkpoint one of them bring the exosuit that was lying near exosuit forge, but they don't wont even take the exosuits that are on checkpoint, its like they don't even exist for them.

I just fired up a very old save since none of my current ones are using Exosuits, and I'm not finding a similar issue.  You may have a particular bug. 

6 hours ago, slapkey said:

FYI this update messed up my door settings.

It seems to have messed up my bathrooms. Dupes refuse to use the toilets and would rather make messes everywhere.

It was caused by a power cut. The lavs wouldn't get back into ready state after pump power was restored. It still might be a bug, but not from the patch.

Edited by BlightCrawler