Expressive Upgrade Available Now!! - 279457

Dupes in med bay lose all morale benefits and get extremely stressed ultra fast. That need to be corrected somehow, they got to 100% if treatment takes longer than one cycle, and then on top of slimelung their stress madness kicks in.

Seriously, slimelung and hypothermia cause of stress vomiting. This is TOTALLY unacceptable in its current state.

Edited by _Q_

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

Dupes in med bay lose all morale benefits and get extremely stressed ultra fast. That need to be corrected somehow, they got to 100% if treatment takes longer than one cycle, and then on top of slimelung their stress madness kicks in.

Seriously, slimelung and hypothermia cause of stress vomiting. This is TOTALLY unacceptable in its current state.

Let them eat in messhall and piss in toilet room (disable the latrine and mess table in the medbay).   You should only lose the DUP interaction part of morale which is minor.

Still needs a tweak though. They should get the sleep bonus which they dont currently.

IMHO it is something that was completely unnecessary to go overboard with stress thing. Why make it so complex that players lose any interest to continue? 

I'm sure that I'm not only one who shares the very same feeling about new changes. Have 700+ in-game hrs and always enjoyed it a lot. Not anymore

You could instead concentrate on something that could make Oxygen gameplay more immersive. Adding variety of NPC challenges to make sense of pacifist characters. For example block eating invasive vine plants that will grow randomly and slowly damage player blocks if not controlled and eradicated in timely manner. Or small groups of spider like alien insects that will be placing sticky net traps inside your base. Lot of things that can bring more interest to this amazing game

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bonceneg said:

IMHO it is something that was completely unnecessary to go overboard with stress thing. Why make it so complex that players lose any interest to continue? 

I'm sure that I'm not only one who shares the very same feeling about new changes. Have 700+ in-game hrs and always enjoyed it a lot. Not anymore

You could instead concentrate on something that could make Oxygen gameplay more immersive. Adding variety of NPC challenges to make sense of pacifist characters. For example block eating invasive vine plants that will grow randomly and slowly damage player blocks if not controlled and eradicated in timely manner. Or small groups of spider like alien insects that will be placing sticky net traps inside your base. Lot of things that can bring more interest to this amazing game

I'm playing on fatalistic now, aside from this med bay stupidity I have no stress problems whatsoever, its still quite easy to manage, nothing complex there. The way you set up things changed a bit, no need to cry, just look how to make it work again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

I'm playing on fatalistic now, aside from this med bay stupidity I have no stress problems whatsoever, its still quite easy to manage, nothing complex there. The way you set up things changed a bit, no need to cry, just look how to make it work again.

I find lower stress in very early game on fatalistic.  Before, just wet feet could send them to table by cycle 3.  Now, you are only on the tables if you promote to lvl 3 too quickly.  Honestly, just build a great hall around the printing pod with mess tables and a water cooler cover you to lvl 2.  Doors on outhouses and barracks for more.  I have to assume ppl complaining dont use rooms.

Edited by chemie
  • Like 1

Just now, chemie said:

I find lower stress in very early game on fatalistic.  Before, just wet feed could send them to table by cycle 3.  Now, you are only on the tables of you promote to lvl 3 too quickly.  Honestly, just build a great hall around the printing pod with mess tables and a water cooler cover you to lvl 2.  Doors on outhouses and barracks for more.  I have to assume ppl complaining dont use rooms.

Just take someone with +2 creativity and you have easy and fast great hall for free +6 morale, put some more decor here and there, clear floors and you can even feed them with liceloaf.

• Like 1

Just now, _Q_ said:

Just take someone with +2 creativity and you have easy and fast great hall for free +6 morale, put some more decor here and there, clear floors and you can even feed them with liceloaf.

Starting dups should always include 1 with +2 creativity for this reason.  Masterpieces as soon as you set them to artist allows early game portrait spam.  Tricks of the fatalistic players revealed.

The only problems I have are:

-placebo is total waste of time and resources its to expensive and does NOTHING, you even need to lock someone in med bay for them to take the pill

-low morale in med bay that is causing endless chain of vomiting/crying and what not

-cost of vitamins and placebo, like seriously 100kg coal to make 1 pill, I think its a typo or a joke

Placebo needs changes to be of any use, should give between 1 or 5% depending on dupe stress level or something of this sort, and the damn pills should be cheaper, I need to produce vitamins all the time and don't want to bother with ranching yet if at all.

Just now, Bonceneg said:

It is fairly simple to manage stress when you start new world after update. What I was talking about was pretty old world with lot of structures already done. And yes I do use rooms.

Well its early access, game will change and require restart every now and then. Its unrealistic to demand developer to balance game for old save files all the time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bonceneg said:

It wasn't a demand as you put it, merely an observation from experience I have now.

Just make new map, there is no reason to complain.

But with lowered morale for high tier jobs you still should be able to manage on old worlds, just need some time to get new rooms in and you need that higher tier food now. If you need to put everyone on downtime for few cycles, then start working on getting all needed things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonceneg said:

Listen pal, you have to really chill out

You just need to make new map and see how things work now instead of complaining about stress that is easier to manage than ever before.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:41 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

New Mini Transformer: A new Mini Transformer has been introduced to improve technological progression through the Research Tree. Pick up the mini version for a quick start into Transformer usage, then build the full Transformer for a real challenge!

I just wanted to say thanks for listening! I"ll have to jump back in on the next testing branch if I get time.

I finally started EU. I'm using a previous save.

The first thing I noticed is all my shinny bugs went extinct. No more eggs to be found. Also these critters got renamed.

Second thing I noticed is lots of ruins tiles can be deconstructed now (yay! free Neutronium! thank you!).

I'm still playing. Let's see what I can find.

10 minutes ago, Alex_D said:

Second thing I noticed is lots of ruins tiles can be deconstructed now (yay! free Neutronium! thank you!).

Tiles that are part of ruins are made of obsidian if I recall right. So no neutronium as lockers and desks are still not deconstructible sadly ^^

Just now, Christophlette said:

Tiles that are part of ruins are made of obsidian if I recall right. So no neutronium as lockers and desks are still not deconstructible sadly ^^

True, not the neutronium furniture, but some tiles that are in the Gravitas Lounge facility.

On 27/07/2018 at 2:55 PM, Bonceneg said:

Me too, similar number of hours. I don't like these ideas of non-progressive micromanagement mechanisms they introduce to games now.

One of the worst updates. Just stopped playing because it is no longer fun.

No reason to promote dupes with jobs as they will be in massage tables 90% of the time. I have 500+ hours here and will not touch it until game will reach at least somehow playable state. Maybe next update will change something.

• Like 1