Jump to content

How to send food through rails but ration it?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

I could set the receptable to a certain amount, let's say 2kg, but then my conveyor rail would back up, and since it's very long, I would still waste a lot of food that way.

use clock and just turn on the arm for a few seconds every cycle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Submerge the conveyor rails with carbon dioxyde or hydrogen to create a sterile environment ?

I'm taking about rationing - i.e sending one piece of food every cycle; not making it free of bacteria.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

I'm taking about rationing - i.e sending one piece of food every cycle; not making it free of bacteria.

True but you wouldn't need to worry about some food backing up on the conveyor rail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mariilyn said:

True but you wouldn't need to worry about some food backing up on the conveyor rail. 

You are definitely correct, however, my conveyer line is reaaally long - imagine how many calories can fit into such a line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tobruk said:

my conveyer line is reaaally long

I have a similar situation, storage location too far from the dining room. I like neotuck design and idea but cannot do that in my colony because of flaws in my base design. In the end, I just install a refrigerator near the dining room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, Toby, why don't you  use _Q_'s solution  - put a clock that activates the loading sweeper for just a few seconds per cycle - enough to deliver a few rations. Then the receiving sweeper on the other side(the dining area) receives them and stores them appropriately(in a fridge/ration box). Later when food has been partially eaten the receiving sweeper can even return the food that hasn't been eaten(similarly to neotuck's design).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, martosss said:

So, Toby, why don't you  use _Q_'s solution  - put a clock that activates the loading sweeper for just a few seconds per cycle - enough to deliver a few rations. Then the receiving sweeper on the other side(the dining area) receives them and stores them appropriately(in a fridge/ration box). Later when food has been partially eaten the receiving sweeper can even return the food that hasn't been eaten(similarly to neotuck's design).

That's what I am going to do, yes :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not just make a horizontal door and store your food (in CO2) under mess hall, dupes enter --> go down the basement grab some food --> go up to eat at the mess hall, no need for complicated design. This basement can also collect CO2 from the dinners eating in the mess hall over time. The only shipping system you need is from the kitchen to this basement.

But yea I think the clock is probably the best, simple, effective, solution right now if you can't change your base design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My solution to keep my food from rotting on a conveyor rail :

1.Build 2 refrigerators (next to each other) inside the dinning room or close

2.Set differnt priorities for the refrigerators

3.Deactivate the autosweeper if the higher priority refrigerator gives an automation signal

(The lower priority refrigerator acts just as buffer so my conveyor rail can be fully unloaded.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My solution to keep my food from rotting:

1.Build 2 refrigerators (next to each other) inside the dinning room or close

2.Set differnt priorities for the refrigerators

3.Deactivate the autosweeper if the lower priority refrigerator gives an automation signal

(The higher priority refrigerator acts just as buffer so my conveyor rail can be fully unloaded.)

 

Wouldn't the high priority fridge fill up first?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My solution to keep my food from rotting:

 

 

2 hours ago, Nazzy44 said:

Why not just make a horizontal door and store your food (in CO2) under mess hall, dupes enter

 

Guys, my problem is not food rotting, because I make berry sludges. It's just that I don't want 200 000 calories worth of berry sludges sitting in a conveyor rail for all eternity until two dupes in a distant part of the base eat it. Ok?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My solution is how to get an automation signal to turn of the autosweeper filling the conveyor rail.

=> The conveyor rail is used to send batches instead of a continuous stream of food

(Deactivating the autosweeper if one of my refrigerators is full and my seccond refrigerator will take the excess food still on the rail.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My solution is how to get an automation signal to turn of the autosweeper filling the conveyor rail.

=> The conveyor rail is used to send batches instead of a continuous stream of food

(Deactivating the autosweeper if one of my refrigerators is full and my seccond refrigerator will take the excess food still on the rail.)

His issue is a long rail so your method won't work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chemie said:
1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My solution is how to get an automation signal to turn of the autosweeper filling the conveyor rail.

=> The conveyor rail is used to send batches instead of a continuous stream of food

(Deactivating the autosweeper if one of my refrigerators is full and my seccond refrigerator will take the excess food still on the rail.)

His issue is a long rail so your method won't work

Use 2-X refrigerators with the lower priority and your fine. (For a normal sized map and a straight conveyor rail)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...