Jump to content

Need help with PWater vaporizer.


Recommended Posts

I want to make the vaporizer on the over-compressed polluted water. Invented how to put all the water in one tile, filled the top with 300 g of CO2 (polluted oxygen is only emitted if the gas pressure is not above 1800), but after the first package more oxygen does not vaporize. I tried a column of three 300g gases, still the polluted oxygen does not vaporize.

Does anyone have any idea how to implement this without pumping oxygen to 1800?

Screen.png

 

Update: i can use door pump tu pump POxygen off. But i don't like it. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only way to prevent offgassing is submersion or gas pressure of 1800+ g per tile.

If you don't want to pressurize the area,  you could put a layer of clean water on top of the polluted water, which will prevent any offgassing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My english so bad?

13 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

The only way to prevent offgassing is submersion or gas pressure of 1800+ g per tile.

300g CO2. And have no offagsing.

13 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

If you don't want to pressurize the area,  you could put a layer of clean water on top of the polluted water, which will prevent any offgassing 

I want to pressurize the area! I want offgasing! I want tonns of Poxygen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AnotherBoris said:

I want to make the vaporizer on the over-compressed pollured water. Invented how to put all the water in one tile, filled the top with 300 g of CO2 (polluted oxygen is only emitted if the gas pressure is not above 1800), but after the first package more oxygen does not vaporize. I tried a column of three 300п gases, still the polluted oxygen does not vaporize.

Does anyone have any idea how to implement this without pumping oxygen to 1800?

Screen.png

What happens if you put little water on top of left construction?

Problem is, there is no place to temporary displace gas to make place for p.oxygen.

Or you can try to build airlocks one tile lower and make three cells of co2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Denisetwin said:

you need lots of tiles of polluted water spread out to get the most PO2

Damn huge construction from tonns of ore. One of the worst solutions. And the speed of gas flow from the lower part of the tunnels is extremely low.

 

8 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

What happens if you put little water on top of left construction?

Nice idea, but we construct liquid lock :)

 

8 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Or you can try to build airlocks one tile lower and make three cells of co2

Pressure of hundreeds kg per tile compress all CO2 in one tile :)

 

9 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Problem is, there is no place to temporary displace gas to make place for p.oxygen.

A rich thought. I'll think it. Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AnotherBoris said:

Pressure of hundreeds kg per tile compress all CO2 in one tile

So, we need two tiles filled with liquid, so co2 compress liquid, and allow p.oxygen to pass, after that co2 moves back.

Possibly put gas-tile on side or on bottom?

Or turn entire system upside-down, and use hydrogen instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Prince Mandor said:

Or turn entire system upside-down, and use hydrogen instead?

Possible. But need 2 free tiles instead 1 with CO2.

 

Just now, Prince Mandor said:

Possibly put gas-tile on side or on bottom?

Left and right,

2 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

so co2 compress liquid

Do not understand. Gas cannot move liquids in world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, AnotherBoris said:

 

Do not understand. Gas cannot move liquids in world.

I'm far away from computer, so cannot test it myself.

What happens if we have gas-tile to the left, filled with co2; tile above it filled with p.o2, and two tiles to the left of gas-tile, filled with little amount of water?

Gas cannot move liquid by the end of tick, but move it in calculations, as far as I can see. Or else, how works gas overpressure room with two water tiles , one full of water and one with gramms of water above it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Offgassimg works only up, this won't work with hydrogen. Your current issue is, the CO2 cannot move aside to let the pO2 pass. I would suggest making the pWater tank 2 tiles wide and keeping the rest same. CO2 will form only one tile above the water leaving the other to PO2. 

When the tile bellow it wants to offgass, it should move the O2 just fine.

Also, since you need to process the pO2 somehow anyway (Pufts or deodorizer, LOX), you can just skip the CO2 and leave the room at stable 1,8 kg and pump it out at your leisure, can't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FutureJohny said:

Also, since you need to process the pO2 somehow anyway (Pufts or deodorizer, LOX), you can just skip the CO2 and leave the room at stable 1,8 kg and pump it out at your leisure, can't you?

Of course I can. But this is a passed stage :)

In fact, the problem is precisely the speed of gas flow. At a pressure of 1800 and below, the gas does not have time to spread further than 10-15 tiles in order to be able to pump it out. And now imagine that I want to evaporate, for example, 5kg / s. This is 50 deodorizers. 100 to be sure that POxygen does not reach the pump. How should I place 100 deodorizers so that the distance from the evaporation point to the pump does not exceed 10, and do not use airflow tiles? High pressure would solve this problem, so I'm thinking about this design.

6 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

What happens if we have gas-tile to the left, filled with co2; tile above it filled with p.o2, and two tiles to the left of gas-tile, filled with little amount of water?

Screen.png

1. 2 Tiles CO2 (gas tile left, PO2 up, two 30-g water left). Still do hot uderstand idea :) First packet of PO2 compress two tiles CO2 to one and this one start to run left-right.

2. Same situation with 2 tiles of hydrogem. Compessed to one and start to run left-right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sevio said:

nstead of trying to trick the PWater with CO2 into offgassing, why not use a door compressor to keep the pressure below 1800 and store the overcompressed PO2 in another room?

 

20 hours ago, AnotherBoris said:

Update: i can use door pump tu pump POxygen off. But i don't like it. :)

After thinking i understand - it's a best method :) But tricks looks better :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...