Share your farms and ranches

Just a thread for sharing screenshots of your farms, stables, and greenhouses.

Here's one from my current map for stuffed berry production my main food source for my dupes :D

20180710005022_1.thumb.jpg.674b4f67b8d7d7861eaff5973f87d6c5.jpg

And here is a dracko ranch I had posted before

NOTE: The drackos can hop the gap under the loaders so it's easy for them to travel between the ceiling and floor

5b44a87c5108a_glossdrecko4.thumb.png.bb1d6dfbf85531e77900f23a9f6cafd2.png

15 minutes ago, Jainee said:

What is the point of hydrogen?

Most likely to hold temperature better.  Pincha Peppers like to be warm, and it's easier to heat Hydrogen than other gases.

10 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Dreckos Scales only grow back in hydrogen

But it's not a Drecko Stable.  It's a Pepper Farm.

Here is my Egg/Egg Shell farm module: 6 Dreckos, automatic egg removing, also creates some meat. Phosphorite removed manually to avoid clogging the Conveyor Receptacles where the eggs wait to crack by themselves. Dreckos resupplied automatically on death from one instance that does not have its eggs removed automatically. Cooling by 45C water.

You can, of course, argue this is a ranch, but since it all starts with Balm Lilies....

normal.jpg.2fe9dbee0a281c1f97e72619819a0504.jpg

critter_dropper.jpg.395011cc721338edd035c04ba2c46092.jpg

5 hours ago, Jainee said:

What is the point of hydrogen?

sorry didn't see your post, was asleep ;)

The only heat source was 40C polluted water I fed the plants and I needed to keep the temperature stable in the greenhouse

Repetable model !

Inspired/optimized from an other post, i don't find it for link :(

96 tiles > 34 with lamp + 6 without >> 40 plants :) for only 20 watt 
image.thumb.png.65f57e98cca890f5143f6387e6881b75.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f048d71c160e94dbb40cb1ff494c8c4.png

image.thumb.png.71ed413adbefc91879e89d601930a487.png

image.thumb.png.14a6de0fb3d849a2b39fa3674faa5d11.png

Intelligent mealwood Farm

image.thumb.png.4ae232c3736ce52cb68ed12c95ac5ec7.png

When fridge dedicated to Mealice & LiceLoaf are full desactivated door and stop growing :)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7f0c15fe02205dcc6982e739489639d6.png

3 hours ago, bebar69 said:

Repetable model !

Inspired/optimized from an other post, i don't find it for link :(

96 tiles > 34 with lamp + 6 without >> 40 plants :) for only 20 watt 
image.thumb.png.65f57e98cca890f5143f6387e6881b75.png

Ask and ye shall receive:

Thread got archived, so it doesn't show up through the search function.

8 minutes ago, bebar69 said:

Why drecko in chlorine ? it's hydrogen to farm it. no?

He's not farming the Wool (Reed Fiber).  He's farming the Phosphorite.  Balm Lilies require nothing to grow but Chlorine atmosphere.  So the production chain is Balm Lily -> Drecko -> (uses for Phosphorite), at no input cost whatsoever.

These are the farms from my most recent game, though it's kind of on hold now because I've got some other ideas I want to explore.

I've been living mostly on mushrooms.  The two on bottom are sort of my go-to 16-wide design.  The little airflow tile above the farm station is just to bring the room size down to 96 tiles.

Spoiler

aS14p9v.jpg

Room View:

Spoiler

n52QZgo.jpg

Wrapping my balm lilies around this geyser has done a nice job of keeping the chlorine warm.  It's fed mostly with waste gas from around the colony, and keeping the room temperatures up when doing that has often been a problem for me.

The berries are just being grown to increase my seed count at the moment, because I ignored them all game so I don't have enough seeds to do anything with them even if I wanted to.

Spoiler

WXvVzhF.jpg

My glossy drecko ranch has been modified slightly since I posted it in one of the drecko ranch threads, due to @Neotuck's observation that drecko can make two-tile jumps.  It's not a big change, but providing a pair of ledges where the creature drop now is has significantly improved whistling time pathing from that section of the floor (since they can now go to the ceiling instead of crawling over every wall).  I've really appreciated the change.

Spoiler

rUHmDyA.jpg

My dense puft ranch is still very WIP, but it's something I've been having a lot of fun with.  This is far more electrolyzers than is actually necessary for 4 stables, but that's just because I haven't decided where I want to put them yet:

Spoiler

DxuScNz.jpg

Some experiments in high-density hatch stables. The doubled ladders allow dupes to run straight across but hatches wont cross them, so doors can stay wide open without any escapes.

Apparently this also moonlights as a glossy drecko ranch.

Spoiler

ApmbQCB.jpg

My squeeky puft ranch doesn't appear to have a lot of squeeky pufts in it at the moment...   oops.  I sat and watched the baby there for a while and he did eat, so it doesn't seem to be an overpressure problem that starved them out.  I'm not sure what happened here.  The box of morbs are for feeding a prince in there, though I didn't plan on having more than one.

Spoiler

B2vHNKU.jpg

My puft ranch has also been badly neglected.  I'd intended to split the space into 2 or 3 stables, but never really got around to it.  Probably the only noteworthy thing is the morb spawner, which I detailed over in the morb thread.  It's being fed by a PO2 geyser in addition to the morbs.

Spoiler

3eqI9Fv.jpg

Archived