Why you main what you mane when you mein?

18 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Woodie's a Canadian, so I can relate to him on a personal level. You think the whole werebeaver thing is a curse? Nah man, it's just Canadian puberty. True facts.

You make me sad that I'm not a Canadian. They seem to have so much more fun.

Also, any chance you watched Ed, Edd, and Eddy the cartoon? I loved that show as a kid.

15 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I abuse the dark sword a lot and I rarely go insane as Maxwell unintentionally.

um ok. i was talking about insanity auras. woodie can get sane much faster and easier than maxwell, and that's not cool cuz maxwell's supposed to have the best sanity management of all characters. klei changed this because of pvp (a gamemode that nobody plays anymore >.>)

15 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Wormholes and green caps help with that. Once you get 6 fuel you can also make 2 duelists and a worker to be constantly insane.

ah, jumping through wormholes for half the day is totally an efficient use of time :) dont flame me pls :[

1 hour ago, Lakurius said:

um ok. i was talking about insanity auras. woodie can get sane much faster and easier than maxwell, and that's not cool cuz maxwell's supposed to have the best sanity management of all characters.

Y'know that every character has the best sanity management? Yeah, all they need to do is put nightmare amulet on and then take it off...

And b4 you say "How are you going to get nightmare fuel for shadow manipulator and nightmare amulet?".

Sinister Fang's already explained that- you eat raw green caps or glommer's goop.

What are you trying to do anyway? Fang said he mains Maxwell and you tried to tell him that he shouldn't (?)

sanity management being insane at will (why are you talking about nightmare amulets..? they're almost useless and a total waste if you try to farm nightmare fuel with them). it's all about manipulating your sanity to become sane/insane whenever you want WITHOUT much effort. both maxwell and woodie can do that... it's just that maxwell needs green caps/nightmare lock (2 duelists+1 worker)/glommer's goop et cetera to become insane, and he needs cooked green shrooms when he wants to become sane around the insanity auras of monsters because his 6.66 sanity regen doesn't do sh*t. woodie can just not care about his sanity at all= he becomes insane like every other character does (except maxwell), + he can become sane without any real cost (pine cones/birchnuts) in no time when he's being chased by nightmare monsters (unlike maxwell).

58 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

What are you trying to do anyway? Fang said he mains Maxwell and you tried to tell him that he shouldn't (?)

hmm, i stated my opinion and fang-kun tried to... "fix" something in my post all of sudden (it's not a problem btw, i like talking about makswell). now i do the same in his posts. i still don't know what YOU are trying to do tho >.>

Spoiler

2k+ hours here don't treat me like a newb don't flame me

So what you're saying is that you expected maxwell to get sanity while standing next to Deerclops?

1 hour ago, Lakurius said:

sanity management being insane at will (why are you talking about nightmare amulets..? they're almost useless and a total waste if you try to farm nightmare fuel with them). it's all about manipulating your sanity to become sane/insane whenever you want WITHOUT much effort. both maxwell and woodie can do that... it's just that maxwell needs green caps/nightmare lock (2 duelists+1 worker)/glommer's goop et cetera to become insane, and he needs cooked green shrooms when he wants to become sane around the insanity auras of monsters because his 6.66 sanity regen doesn't do sh*t. woodie can just not care about his sanity at all= he becomes insane like every other character does (except maxwell), + he can become sane without any real cost (pine cones/birchnuts) in no time when he's being chased by nightmare monsters (unlike maxwell).

hmm, i stated my opinion and fang-kun tried to... "fix" something in my post all of sudden (it's not a problem btw, i like talking about makswell). now i do the same in his posts. i still don't know what YOU are trying to do tho >.>

Reveal hidden contents

2k+ hours here don't treat me like a newb don't flame me

"Sanity management is all about manipulating your sanity to become sane/insane whenever you want WITHOUT much effort"

So putting nightmare amulet and then taking it off is too much effort?

I understand what you're saying about Woodie- he turns into a werebeaver while he chops trees to get pinecones so he can get sanity back after becoming insena because of werebeaver.

Well Maxwell picks up greencaps and cooks 4 of them. Same deal. Not too much effort in becoming insane and then sane again. Maxwell's sanity regen wasn't meant to make you basically immune to insanity auras. It was made to ignore the insanity effects of dusk/night/cave/ruins

6 hours ago, Lakurius said:

um ok. i was talking about insanity auras.

What else would the dark sword be used for if not for killing monsters? I'm just saying that it's additional sanity drain on top of insanity auras. Just about the only insanity auras that are unbearable for Maxwell are deerclops and just about everything in the ruins.

woodie can get sane much faster and easier than maxwell, and that's not cool cuz maxwell's supposed to have the best sanity management of all characters. klei changed this because of pvp (a gamemode that nobody plays anymore >.>)

Personally, I prefer the 6.67 sanity regen vs. then 20 in DS. 20 just makes it nearly impossible to stay insane for any reasonable amount of time to get more nightmare fuel. 6.67 seems to be a good middle-ground. Not too much that getting insane is difficult, not not too little that it goes unnoticed. That, and his regeneration is completely passive. With Woodie you would have to plant a lot of pinecones to recover sanity. Maxwell would recover just by existing.

ah, jumping through wormholes for half the day is totally an efficient use of time

I thought we were talking about early game farming, not efficient farming. Regardless of efficency, it's still an option for early game. It's usually more effective once you get your sanity low though.

3 hours ago, Lakurius said:

hmm, i stated my opinion and fang-kun tried to... "fix" something in my post all of sudden (it's not a problem btw, i like talking about makswell). now i do the same in his posts.

I was just trying to help by providing a few tips from a dedicated Maxwell main. I think a lot of Max mains would agree that he's fine as he is now. The only changes he would need would be competent duelists. I wasn't trying to "fix" anything. I'm sorry you saw it that way. Maybe it's best if we stop discussing it then...

I mained Wendy and Max before Woodie. I'd say Max is great, other than the aforementioned shadow partners' AI. But he's kind of like Woodie. What he seems like he'd be good at at first glance and what he's actually good at aren't the same, so it can be offputting.
Polite werebeavering woodsman might not seem like a nearly perfect match for living in dark dreary caves, but he is.

Maxwell is an errand boy/hoarder. He's got the shadows that look like they exist to do everything for him, his perks all make it sound like he's a 'stand still and win' character...
But he shines when he's constantly busy himself, running around the world to gather every last scrap of a singular resource and handing it off to a team that can make use of it. Take down forests to spam chests to store all your booty, shroom forests to let your team sanity farm hard, smash every boulder in the world to recover from the arrival of Wall Guy...
Use the shadows to be efficient, but use that to up your output to crazy levels.

He's not on the throne anymore, he's one of the peons. A worker.
And a book reader, if the Wicker in your group doesn't think that she's the only one able to read.
That's more common than I would have initially thought, but...I guess the game doesn't outright state that Max is literate.

super buff king smackswell still best grill

Archived