Is it possible Maxwell is still in charge? Was thinking maybe he is and while on the throne the other worlds (hamlet/gorge/forge)ect) gained there own strength and was/or looking to free themselves from the power of maxwell/them?  

I was also thinking if it possible that it was the fault of his own (specially with hamlet and shipwreck) with the help of Wilson .

Maxwell is acting maybe to gain trust/loyalty from the other.  I wouldn't imagine he would get that loyalty if he was still on the throne.  Charlie is acting in his stead as the new ruler (won't say she wouldn't want the power herself, but I kind assume she wasn't ment to be on the throne).   Maybe it also to gain power and knowledge of the other kingdoms he (I assume) created.

I also assuming the events in ds all happened including future dlcs while Maxwell was on the throne, as the adventure mode was add by a demand to unlock maxwell.

I hope I made sense, I am quite dumb and if I am trying to rush things I might miss something's or totally mess up my point lol.

13 minutes ago, Emsyhunter said:

Understand that but what if he is trying to manipulate other characters.  Is it not too far fetched to assume he has the power to make a display when he left the throne. I know it's just my own theory.

Look at Maxwell's speech file. Charlie left her own messages there.
I also highly doubt Maxwell would throw himself into the agony of The Forge and The Gorge on purpose, if he was still in charge.
Plus, on the opening screen of the game, his name is crossed out. With the ego the size of half a galaxy, I doubt he'd do that himself.

Interesting, I am on console so I am kind of relying on the online community to fill holes.  Not saying it was definitely the case just wondered.  As the  forge and gorge I thought he might be testing his and or the group's strength but I suppose he wouldn't need to leave the throne for that.  My other idea on it was he wanted to gain trust with the group so they would in theory fight for him and that's why he left the throne.

Just had a crazy idea, now bare with me.

What if Maxwell is God.

Old testament god create everything, Maxwell enters the constant and created the world there.

New testament Jesus, Wilson enters the constant .

And now it's the second coming / Armageddon prophecies, Wilson returns to the constant .  The end one is a long shot but it came to me and I had to express it. 

6 hours ago, Emsyhunter said:

Just had a crazy idea, now bare with me.

What if Maxwell is God.

Old testament god create everything, Maxwell enters the constant and created the world there.

New testament Jesus, Wilson enters the constant .

And now it's the second coming / Armageddon prophecies, Wilson returns to the constant .  The end one is a long shot but it came to me and I had to express it. 

what about the ancients? they were long dead when maxwell came and maxwell came with charlie god had no assistant or other than him

Yeah , he did say when he got there that there was nothing. 

He is egotistical so he probably sees himself as a god.  Why would he give up the power so easy?  

I think he more of a devil character than a god.

I think Charlie had died before entering the Ds world , I think what ever Charlie is , is taking her forum either by Maxwell's request or to keep in line and it did take on her personality to some extent.

Now you've got me thinking. Maxwell may not be in power anymore, but... we don't know what lies at the end of the Amazing Portal Chain tm. And lets face it, this is Don't Starve, its not going to be a happily ever after. Maxwell seems to hate his time as a survivor, and his quotes refer to enjoying his power on the throne, without all the you know... horrid imprisonment and other small text. Combine that with his dastardly high wis and int scores, the fact that he canonicly never entered the portal, his terrible personality, and his cunningness and we have one hell of an evil plan to get his power back.

I think he wanted off the throne, he still wants the power just not in control of them. Maybe he's trying to take over them so he would be the supreme being.  I am kind of going with the whole devil hidden in plain sight.

11 hours ago, Emsyhunter said:

He is egotistical so he probably sees himself as a god.  Why would he give up the power so easy?

Because he knows firsthand just how corrupting it is.

Personally, I believe he wanted to escape from Their grasp, but was unable to do so on his own. So he brought in people into the Constant to aid in his escape (under the ruse of entertainment for Them). He left a portal that eventually lead to the nightmare throne, but in DST, Charlie left no such opening. Just my theory anyway...

9 hours ago, Emsyhunter said:

I think he wanted off the throne, he still wants the power just not in control of them. Maybe he's trying to take over them so he would be the supreme being.  I am kind of going with the whole devil hidden in plain sight.

Honestly, something like this likely wouldn't work well in terms of gameplay. If Maxwell returns to the role of antagonist, he could no longer play the role of protagonist. Meaning it wouldn't make sense for him to remain as a playable character if something like that happened.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:51 PM, Emsyhunter said:

What if Maxwell is God.

um7.png.38ce8c0e90abb8d6f4714836eb415820.pngNo.

On 6/27/2018 at 12:44 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

If Maxwell returns to the role of antagonist, he could no longer play the role of protagonist.

Nah, he fills the role of the backstabbing Dr. Smith of Lost In Space archetype. The character we question why the rest of the cast lets him stick around.:wilson_ecstatic:

On topic, Maxwell and Charlie are basically like the owners of Death Note. Someone else dropped the Codex for mortals to find and those two were just victims to its power. Whatever THEM want, it's horrible entertainment and conquest. Mainly entertainment but the events really do raise a brow.

On 27. 6. 2018 at 7:11 AM, Emsyhunter said:

Yeah , he did say when he got there that there was nothing. 

I think he more of a devil character than a god.

I think Charlie had died before entering the Ds world , I think what ever Charlie is , is taking her forum either by Maxwell's request or to keep in line and it did take on her personality to some extent.

5b824d90109d8_staensoubor.jpg.982cc43ad33ab5b4625ee80e9731ecf7.jpg

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Nah, he fills the role of the backstabbing Dr. Smith of Lost In Space archetype. The character we question why the rest of the cast lets him stick around.:wilson_ecstatic:

As mentioned in the post you quoted, it seems unlikely he'd do any backstabbing. It's bad for both the lore and gameplay. If such a thing did occur, he couldn't be a playable character anymore, and that's bad for gameplay. But if you keep him as a playable character after such an event, then that's bad for the lore.

To me, it seems like he plays the role of the reluctant villain. He's doing bad things not because he wants to, but because he was being forced to. He is still a victim too. It's not like he entered the constant of his own will after all. So, much like the other survivors, he seeks his freedom from Their grasp too. Well, that's just my interpretation at least.

15 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:
  1. As mentioned in the post you quoted, it seems unlikely he'd do any backstabbing. It's bad for both the lore and gameplay.
  2. To me, it seems like he plays the role of the reluctant villain. He's doing bad things not because he wants to, but because he was being forced to. He is still a victim too. It's not like he entered the constant of his own will after all. So, much like the other survivors, he seeks his freedom from Their grasp too. Well, that's just my interpretation at least.
  1. You understand better than I. I have a bit of a projection problem when it comes to Max, I really want to punch his smug face.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. That's exactly the words I should've used! Thank you.

Archived