New map, or re-play

2 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

new map, but with the uncertainty of geyser rolls, I keep a list of good seeds that fit my play style and draw a new one from that list.

I would argue that your play style should ideally conform to the map, not the other way around.  But there are maps which are stupid and should be rerolled, like a volcano pushing in to the core biome.

I keep to my favorite seeds because it's not very fun to wait for a map to randomly generate, spend several minutes nitpicking starting Duplicants before ending up deleting the map anyway because a geyser or ruin generated too close and clipped my border.

I don't replay seeds. Partly due to updates changeing worldgen. But I also find it more interesting that way.

I personally prefer map gens with a lot of unobstructed space around the starting biome, no geysers/vents/volcanoes, no POIs etc. I like all those things when they are far away.

In my last base I had a slush geyser two cool steam vents and two natural gas geysers right next to the starting biome, it kind of felt cramped.

20 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I would argue that your play style should ideally conform to the map, not the other way around.  But there are maps which are stupid and should be rerolled, like a volcano pushing in to the core biome.

I will say it's a single player game and we all can play it the way that is the most fun to us as individuals.  The Dev's developed the Seed system, it's there for us to use.  The only reason the system exists is to be able to play a certain map. 

30 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

I will say it's a single player game and we all can play it the way that is the most fun to us as individuals.  The Dev's developed the Seed system, it's there for us to use.  The only reason the system exists is to be able to play a certain map. 

Yes, it is single player and you can do what you want.  I personally feel that you should try to have a strategy that will work on any decent map.  But you can play how ever you want.

Archived