Challenge/goal ideas for in the new meta [no custom maps]

After playing ONI for a while now, starting a new, traditional colony in this update feels a bit stale, so i was wondering:

Now that we have space and whatnot, what are your ideas for endgames that make base-building more interesting?

Challenge suggestions are also welcome (for example restrictions on building or number of dupes etc.), but I'm more interesting in playing without restrictions, but towards an uncommon goal - for example, 'play until you can house 5 dupes in a self-sustained surface base' and such.

12 minutes ago, he77789 said:

I have an idea.

Hide contents

Reach 42 dupes in 666 cycles, and afterwards deconstruct everything not in space biome except the printer and the ruins. Build in space only ever after.

Neat idea, but why 42 dupes?

2 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Go for a restriction challenge, Your base can only span from left to right, and can only be 7 tiles high, this includes the ceiling and floor.

You cannot build outside of the wall, you can dig though.

Also cool, i had a similar idea : at start you can only choose to either build/dig up from portal, left or right, and can access other sides of the map when you hit the end of the chosen direction

Currently I am still trying the "Everyone is welcome" challenge. Every three cycles, the middle dupe is always selected.

Currently it breaks apart from Cycle 250. My food and water supplies can only be maintained by "overexploitation". I can not manage to build sustainably yet.

50 minutes ago, Tzunki said:

Currently I am still trying the "Everyone is welcome" challenge. Every three cycles, the middle dupe is always selected.

Currently it breaks apart from Cycle 250. My food and water supplies can only be maintained by "overexploitation". I can not manage to build sustainably yet.

Its a fun challenge, need oil to gas to water eventually.

I'm planning an accept all use all challenge for my new map..

New dupe/3 cycle, only allowed to open a new geyser when the previous is completely utilised, for example If your cool steam produced 2litres you need to use 2litres on your colony at all Times.

1 hour ago, Tzunki said:

Currently it breaks apart from Cycle 250.

That means you have 86 or so duplicants? That’s impressive. I just myself was able to accept a duplicant every 3 cycles for a total of 35 duplicants. For some reason it took 98 cycles.

18 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

That means you have 86 or so duplicants? That’s impressive. I just myself was able to accept a duplicant every 3 cycles for a total of 35 duplicants. For some reason it took 98 cycles.

Do not always have so many Dupes. Often my base likes to die earlier and unfortunately my Dupes do not always arrive punctually. Sometimes, I press the printer button a few seconds later, which adds up over time.

It would be nice if you could automate that.

1 hour ago, Tzunki said:

Do not always have so many Dupes. Often my base likes to die earlier and unfortunately my Dupes do not always arrive punctually. Sometimes, I press the printer button a few seconds later, which adds up over time.

It would be nice if you could automate that.

What I do when I want to do this is when it reaches the beginning of the next cycle, I load the autosave and pick a dupe before I unpause...Until I make a mistake.  No reaction time needed!

18 hours ago, Yunru said:

I don't know of this "****" you speak of.

Have you tried only using Manual Generators?

I am sorry it is the builtin language filter that I cannot disable. It is: S   A   T   A   N

Sorry mods or anyone if I offended you.

there is Brothgar's challange: take a dupe every cycle (or 3 every 3 cycles), and survive like this up to cycle 100. (default difficulty settings)

difficulty challange: take a dupe every 3 cycles with miserable/fatalistic difficulty, end game at first death (you can teleport accidentally stuck dupes). 

Archived