New exploits

Currently I've come across 2 new exploits that might be game breaking.

1)Meat factory:-

With critters able to reproduce even when glum,one could just put a lot of them in a tight space and wait for meat and eggshells from nothing.

Below I've mad a meat factory with about 30 pacus in about 24 tile space.With that amount i can easily get around 1+/cycle of meat about 1800 kcal/cycle 

and 2k/cycle eggshell.All this from just dumping them in a pond.

2)Gulf fish cooler:-

While trying to exploit the above point,I noticed that gulf fishes spawn at around -12C and are able to live up to 25c. So effectively they are able to cool down about

3.5*35*20000=24500KJoules. This amount is equal to 0.02worts at max efficiency. But due to their small lifespan they live only upto about 14C BUT thats also equals to 3.5*24*200000=16800Kjoules = 0.01worts. I tried this methode and it worked.All this is just from one gulf fish.

In picture I've tried using 10 gulf fishes.Since they are able to spawn at ratio of 0.6 they can work as mini wort.

1 wort at max efficiency is about 7200KJoules/Cycle.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (2).png

Just now, BlueLance said:

The first one I wouldnt say is an exploit, in the end its the same as them being wild and letting them do their own thing.

I dont really understand what you mean by the second one? 

Maybe he means the fixed beginning temperature of critters looks like an exploit

20 hours ago, lDeathkingl said:

3.5*35*20000=24500KJoules. This amount is equal to 0.02worts at max efficiency. But due to their small lifespan they live only upto about 14C BUT thats also equals to 3.5*24*200000=16800Kjoules = 0.01worts. I tried this methode and it worked.All this is just from one gulf fish.

You consider just how much heat energy dies with your gulp fish.

Keep in mind you got 4 ways to delete heat using a gulp fish:

1. Mass deletion on death (the one you calculated)

2. Temperature reset on reaching maturity

3. Mass deletion after hatching (the egg got just a little mass but adds up)

(4. Cleaned water will be emitted at 9°C)

I was going to say that ranching probably has a cooling effect with most critters but I didn't think it would work that well.  They(used to at least) reset temps when they were born and when they  became an adult.

22 hours ago, lDeathkingl said:

This amount is equal to 0.02worts at max efficiency.

2% of Wheezewort. For real? Talk about gamebreaking exploit.

Seriously though, this and other exploit thread are ridiculous. It's a single player game and as long as you need to go out of your way to 'exploit' it's on you. Why bother with 2% when you could just enable debug and be done with it... 

If you want a real exploit for cooling:

Look for the "battery cooler" (It works using a temperature reset for the environment to match the overheating temperature)

PS: Some math I wanted to contribute:

1. A wheezewort in >1kg hydrogen removes 12Kj/s

=> 12Kj/s * 25cycle * 600s/cycle = 180 000Kj

2. A gulp fish spawns at -12°C and dies at 25°C, so let´s assume 35°K is doable.

=> 3,47(j/g)/K * 35K * 200 000g = 24 290Kj (~13% of a wheezewort)

3. So let´s summerize the cooling power of a gulp fish:

- hatchting:                     4Kg genetic ooze (You could heat the egg higher than 25°C)

- reaching adulthood: 200Kg genetic ooze

- death:                       200Kg genetic ooze

=> 3,47(j/g)/K * 35K * 404 000g = 49 065,8 Kj (~27% of a wheezewort)

On 6/22/2018 at 12:32 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

Look for the "battery cooler" (It works using a temperature reset for the environment to match the overheating temperature)

Any more info on this? I am having a weird issue with a NG generator getting stuck at 75C and not heating up anymore; trying to get to the bottom of it...

Used to be you could boil oil with a tepidizer and some automation, lock a gas pocket on that tepidizer and you could melt clay into magma and the powers that be felt that was just tooo much power.  Now equipment should cause the atmosphere around it to reset to its overheat temp during running.  This can be proven by setting a tepidizer in 1 gram of co2 and forcing it to run with automation past 200c, when it turns off the temp in the room will jump to that of the machine, make it run and watch the atmosphere flicker down to whatever the overheat temp of your build is. gold will heat up the fastest but has the highest overheat limit.

7 hours ago, caffeinated21 said:

Any more info on this? I am having a weird issue with a NG generator getting stuck at 75C and not heating up anymore; trying to get to the bottom of it...

@Lilalaunekuh said to look for "battery cooler", and I found it on top search result. We have a search function in this forum :) 

Archived