Am I the only one who didnt like the new "insanity mode"?

Yes, Insanity Mode adds a bit more of a scary and weird feel to Don't Starve, and I really do like it.But as well I would appreciate a Easy Mode, but you can not unlock characters in that mode.Also I think that the Easy Mode should have a longer/shorter daytime/nightime.

Two Words. Time Lord.I mean, if anyone is on board, I would make a post or something

I did not like the "Insanity" either, especially the way it was implemented. For a number of reasons. In a Suggestions part of forum I also posted about the possibility of binding the "insanity" level to dealing with all sorts of "magic" - instead of having it just decrease over time, like "hunger".

I did not like the "Insanity" either, especially the way it was implemented. For a number of reasons. In a Suggestions part of forum I also posted about the possibility of binding the "insanity" level to dealing with all sorts of "magic" - instead of having it just decrease over time, like "hunger".

Yeah, but it would be cool if we could use the insanity at our favor, bringing new types of classes. Like, Maniac, DarkMage, in case of insane or GreenPeace® and adventurer in case of sane character.

Guys I'm enjoyin' dont starve again, and I'm just playin' safe. Pickin' flowers when sanity meter is low, avoiding wormholes, eatin' candy's, sleeping in tents. Anyway, its kinda cool. So, I'm still afraid BUUT I'm playing safe avoiding any crazy things ^^

Hi Falakienos,What you experience is the sense of your Comfort Zone being tugged away from under you. I say go with the change and try it. I remember this very unnerving feeling from my own gaming experiences. And it won't last, so enjoy the "fear" and "anxiety" you are sensing here. For me the very same feeling was when I for the very first time joined a PK guild in Asheron's Call. Once that line was crossed it wasn't so bad. The next step was a PVP character in WoW. The first time I engage an enemy: exhilerating. Leaving you comfort zone is very unpleasant but worth it very much. I still remember the last time: when I played Dwarf Fortress and actually managed to overcome several invasions. Those moments are rare in games, and they are usually attached to a risk of loss. If you lose in Don't Starve all your progress is lost. But it is not so bad afterall, you can simply restart your game :)

I don't know of many where you pick & choose what parts you want to experience.

Minecraft, Space Rangers 2, Sins of Solar Empire, Civilization (almost all of them), Omerta: City of Gangsters... and list goes on ^_^If someone wants to try the game differently, it's all good to me. As long as I have an opportunity to play vanilla game and maybe even ramp up the difficulty as well.

Hi Falakienos,What you experience is the sense of your Comfort Zone being tugged away from under you. I say go with the change and try it. I remember this very unnerving feeling from my own gaming experiences. And it won't last, so enjoy the "fear" and "anxiety" you are sensing here. For me the very same feeling was when I for the very first time joined a PK guild in Asheron's Call. Once that line was crossed it wasn't so bad. The next step was a PVP character in WoW. The first time I engage an enemy: exhilerating. Leaving you comfort zone is very unpleasant but worth it very much. I still remember the last time: when I played Dwarf Fortress and actually managed to overcome several invasions. Those moments are rare in games, and they are usually attached to a risk of loss. If you lose in Don't Starve all your progress is lost. But it is not so bad afterall, you can simply restart your game :)

Haha First time pvp: OHKO! Yeah we live like that everyday, in our comfort zone, in front of a pc, playing a game, hanging out with friends. When we face something like that we're stunned. I would say IRL, I left my comfort zone when I became father. :DThis game is makin' me nuts haha