How does critter lure work?

2 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

That's why i use ALT-Q

It's the only "Cheat" I allow myself to use.

well, now at least you can move flying ones by building lure, build room around it and critter releaser, forbid the critter in this room and dupe will transport them to ur stable room
Which is undoubtedly still frustrating

1 minute ago, avc15 said:

Now you should build a ranch right there in that spot to breed an egg from that puft

And, move the egg to the ranch you actually want long term.

There is no need to wait for eggs - as I said before, dupes can wrangle flying critters if they do not belong in the stable and transport to the needed one (at least that's what happened in my game which surprised me a lot)

9 minutes ago, rafker said:

There is no need to wait for eggs - as I said before, dupes can wrangle flying critters if they do not belong in the stable and transport to the needed one (at least that's what happened in my game which surprised me a lot)

Is the opposite true, @rafker ?

image.thumb.png.06b4d23f45cd8126328a76c045f3c819.png

There is a surplus of bug in the top right ranch, and I'd like to release them in my base (bottom left).

Movements wild -> ranch, ranch -> ranch are ok but ranch -> wild (inside base) does not seem to occur.

3 minutes ago, Argelle said:

Is the opposite true, @rafker ?

You mean transporting pufts and bugs between two active stables depending on priority? Never checked that but I doubt. All I got that My dupes at some point started transporting my bugs from main stable to the *garbage* stable becuz first one was overcrowded

From stable to stable, it does work. I was asking from overcrowded stable to a droping point outside (see bottom left on my image).

I could do with collecting eggs, looking for the container where it lands, open container, so that eggs is outside, but I was hoping for automation.

2 minutes ago, Argelle said:

From stable to stable, it does work. I was asking from overcrowded stable to a droping point outside (see bottom left on my image).

I could do with collecting eggs, looking for the container where it lands, open container, so that eggs is outside, but I was hoping for automation.

From the image all I can say that that is exactly what happened to me, but there might be few issues, such as: the stable is not overcrowded (what is the set limit of the stable's critter dropper?), or you chose the wrong bug in filter. Can't say for sure

Yes, I tryed to keep image small. Here is a large view with 3 stables, 2 of them overcraowded.

image.thumb.png.5a45d00d6f2f4a1aab6d4d9efa540172.png

The stable are set to Bugs, auto-wrangle.

The drop off in my base (wild) is equally set to Bugs and auto-wrangle (not shown on this image).

May be it's not possible to release bugs from stable to wild by this way...

@Argelle you can. I usually did that, in fact that is first thing that I test when they announce this feature.

Assume you want to move shine bugs from wild to ranch in base:

Setting in wild: Auto wrangle on, limit 0, critter whatever (because limit 0)

Setting in ranch: limit 20, critter shine bug + shine nymph. It doesn't matter you enable auto-wrangle or not in destination.

Edit: Your rancher will stop bringing bugs if your ranch reach limit (20 in this example). This is counting all critters in affected area, not just the selected one.

Thanks @abud, that's very usefull to capture bugs from wild (until then I did go where the bugs where and build around them ^^

but now my question was to release from stable into wild (= region in the middle of my base not enclosed by a room). i'll try with your set up (limit 0).

So far it works if it's a room (here bedroom).

image.thumb.png.886509dffa8830993c747f7e997d715d.png

1 hour ago, Argelle said:

region in the middle of my base not enclosed by a room

As long in that middle area critter number less than 20. In critter drop off, there is display how much critter already inside affected area.

I have shine bug ranch in my base with setting: auto-wrangling on, max critter 2, critter shine bug only, priority 9

I have drop-off in middle of my base with setting: auto-wrangling off, max critter 20, critter shine bug and shine nymph, priority 8

Probably you mean something like that.

Archived