I logged into the Gorge beta and now all of my skins in game are missing

HeyItsKittyyy

I just logged into the Gorge beta and I got two presents of two items that I already had (the mini monument and the pirate birdcage) which I thought was weird. Then, I looked in Item Collection>Curio Cabinet and ALL of my skins (except for those two) are missing in game. They are still my Steam inventory though. I disabled the Gorge Beta and went to the base game and still, nothing. I also had enough spools to craft almost 3 elegant items (I can't remember the number but I do remember that when I divided the number of spools I had by the number of spools it takes to craft an elegant item, the number i got was like 2.939393 repeating). I backed up all of my dst stuff and reinstalled the game and still, nothing. I don't know if this can be fixed or what is going on but I know a couple of people that I know on Discord that have experienced the same issue/problem. I have paid good money for MANY of these skins, and I am so upset right now. As far as I know, I had every event related skins EXCEPT for Cherub's Heart and the Woven Grass Armor from the Forge. I am not posting the screenshots I have here because there are literally 30 screenshots, but I will post a screenshot of them on my desktop just to prove I have them. I will provide any screenshots that I am asked for because I am taking this issue very seriously. My steam username is "The Great Depression" just incase I need to prove that that's my steam username too.

desktop ss 1.PNG

• Developer

Your items aren't lost, there was just a bug with the local inventory caching when switching between branches. 

Delete your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache file, and everything should go back to normal.

6 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Your items aren't lost, there was just a bug with the local inventory caching when switching between branches. 

Delete your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache file, and everything should go back to normal.

I tried doing that, still nothing :/

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

just lost all my servers, thx, bro

7 hours ago, Wakerra said:

I hope this glitch is fixed, I don't want to risk my 3,000+ day server by clearing caches...

One should never go about deleting stuff right away; It's best to move the files/folder somewhere else instead, keeping it backed up. 

Once tested and proven that the deletion absence of said files/folder actually fixes the issue AND - more importantly - that it doesn't present any side effects, then it would be safer to delete the backup.

Just a general tip for pretty much any situation like this :angel:

12 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

just lost all my servers, thx, bro

The servers saves aren't supposed to be in this folder.

Either you are :

- joking

- destroying the wrong folder (try restoring deleted files)

- are still in beta branch (with differents saves than classic branch)

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

- are still in beta branch (with differents saves than classic branch)

Unlike the ANR beta, the gorge beta doesn't use a different save folder. All my worlds are still visible and I can see someone hosting a world on day 481 which represents almost 3 IRL days of playtime.

Archived