[Game Update] - 269773

• Developer

Is it fore sure version 269773? Sometimes it takes a few minutes to an hour for steam to push the build everywhere. You can usually cheat it by either shutting steam down or validating your files. If it is still crashing as of 269773 could you please upload your save file?

• Developer
3 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

The startup screen still shows 752 on mine.  I guess the update hasn't been seen yet.

If you restart Steam, that should force it to check for updates for ONI and all other games. That usually works for me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Asteru said:

Life, this fix was a fix for a previous update today addressing the audio problem. 

And it wasn't fixed and is still happening - that's why I was asking if there's any news on the problem.

14 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

And it wasn't fixed and is still happening - that's why I was asking if there's any news on the problem.

Lifegrow, brother, don't over design your base. every program has its limitations, your base is an exception. 

Even mainly used cad programs like fusion 360 have their limitations, Oxygen Not Included is just a game. (go to: here as an example)

Some exceptions need to remain exceptions and should be dealt with using ostrich algorithm.

Edited by Arash70
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arash70 said:

Lifegrow, brother, don't over design your base. every program has its limitations, your base is an exception. 

Even mainly used cad programs like fusion 360 have their limitations, Oxygen Not Included is just a game. (go to: here as an example)

Some exceptions need to remain exceptions and should be dealt with using ostrich algorithm.

409183504924934145.png.118a39f3d4c88fc82e1dae17f5020c60.png

Spoiler

I feel like I've walked in on two quantum physicists discussing ultra-precise spectroscopy and black-body radiation while walking into my local McDonald's; Absolutely not what I was looking for, and I'm left more confused than when I first entered.

Spoiler

And yes, I totally did throw "quantum physicist discussions" into Google for the sake of that analogy. :wilson_drool:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Arash70 said:

What are you talking about ? 

It isn't a complicated base, and I've certainly made far larger, more demanding colonies in the past without my audio crapping out and stuttering like crap. It's a bug that was introduced since ranching MK 2 - and as such it needs to be squashed.

I'm not sure why you're even commenting honestly ?

32 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

What are you talking about ? 

It isn't a complicated base, and I've certainly made far larger, more demanding colonies in the past without my audio crapping out and stuttering like crap. It's a bug that was introduced since ranching MK 2 - and as such it needs to be squashed.

I'm not sure why you're even commenting honestly ?

How many critters do you have running around?

go to room overlay and count total critters in all stables, I'm really curious to know.

the audio stuttering clearly shows that it has too many tasks to handle for its number of running threads, and that is because of overly complicating the gameplay, as I said before even engineering programs face "stuttering" issues for overly complicated designs.

Edited by Arash70

7 hours ago, Arash70 said:

How many critters do you have running around?

go to room overlay and count total critters in all stables, I'm really curious to know.

the audio stuttering clearly shows that it has too many tasks to handle for its number of running threads, and that is because of overly complicating the gameplay, as I said before even engineering programs face "stuttering" issues for overly complicated designs.

As I mentioned in the thread I linked (you know, the bug report) I had a mass culling and killed off all my critters. Still the bug persisted.

The only things left were a handful of wild slicksters - maybe 4-5 in unreachable pockets.

• Like 2

Hmm I took a look at your save file, it is not overly complicated by any means.

Interestingly, I had no stuttering issues with it. Try reinstalling or updating your video driver.

You could also buy a new graphics card (a 1050 3GB or 1050ti would do any new game @ 1080p) at a decent price

Edited by Arash70

9 hours ago, Arash70 said:

Hmm I took a look at your save file, it is not overly complicated by any means.

Interestingly, I had no stuttering issues with it. Try reinstalling or updating your video driver.

You could also buy a new graphics card (a 1050 3GB or 1050ti would do any new game @ 1080p) at a decent price

It's audio stuttering, not graphics...

Are you even trying? :D 

35 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

It's audio stuttering, not graphics...

Are you even trying? :D 

@Lifegrow I watch your videos, I think you have an onboard graphics/audio card, which means your CPU handles both graphics and hd audio processing. 

When you add a dedicated pci-e graphics card, your graphics card handles all the graphical parallel processing which leaves room for cpu+ram to handle audio along other things more efficiently.

Edited by Arash70

10 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

@Lifegrow I watch your videos, I think you have an onboard graphics/audio card, which means your CPU handles both graphics and hd audio processing. 

When you add a dedicated pci-e graphics card, your graphics card handles all the graphical parallel processing which leaves room for cpu+ram to handle audio along other things more efficiently.

No to both. I think you may have confused me with another incredibly attractive bearded oaf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2