Slime farm puft ratio?

On 28.04.2018 at 5:53 PM, crypticorb said:

Seems a lot of effort for so little gain. It'd be a lot simpler and power efficient to keep the base below 5oC (to kill slimelung) and let the pO2 flow freely to be breathed in. Keep all dupes in warm sweaters to counter the cold, and you're golden.

It's a matter of stable slime influx, which could then be used to get stable water and aglae influx. Or for mushroon fertiliation or polluted water for wheat farms and synth. generators.

IMHO, using pufts in this manner to produce O2 is a waste of resources, also, you're forgetting the pH2O that the distiller emits, you can clean this either with a sieve or boiling, and electrolyse it for more O2.
Also, if you're really going to use the algae for O2 production, in mk2 at least use terrariums, they are far more efficient at it.

Personally, I think you're better of using the slime to feed duskcaps, and generate O2 in a different manner, for instance, deoderize all that pO2 that you're using for those pufts, or cool it down and make LOX.

If you're using an algae distiller, you're probably better of using the algae to feed pacu's than use it for O2, as you can produce plenty of O2 in more efficient manners than algae.

1 hour ago, Denisetwin said:

I missed this?  Really ?  They are better than electrolizers now?

No, I meant when using algae, terrariums are a whole lot more efficient at making O2 compared to algae deoxidisers.
They've changed them from before, now they output 290g/s of pH2O, so they are no longer such a massive water sink.

That's the downside of such an early type building. Sadly you can't use sweepers to pick up or deliver bottles of water.

I haven't tried mk2 yet, as I'm waiting for it to go live, at which point I'm going to build a new base, but I think I'd rather feed the algae to Pacu's anyway over using it for O2 production in the later stages of the game, SPOMs are just too useful for making Oxygen.

3 hours ago, suicide commando said:

SPOMs are just too useful for making Oxygen.

except a lot of the SPOM designs will no longer cool properly with RII update.  I'll give Terrariums a new try, sounds promising.

Lol ;)

Self Powered Oxygen Module. A thermally isolated electrolyser setup that powers itself and results in nice cool O2 for your base, and if properly set up also a nice little bit of hydrogen for other uses. There's a thread somewhere on the forum about a good design with 4 wheezeworts cooling down the O2.

3 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

Well, pufts seem to produce a steady supply of slime, instead of 200 gramms constantly they excrete about 2.5 kgs and with enough of them you can, in theory, supply one distiller for aglae, but not a second one it seems.

You can support as many as you have stables. Its all down to how many you can feed!

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

Or how much heat your computer can bare with before your computer melts XD Do we know if confining their movement decreases cpu stress?

That's why I invested in liquid cooling for my gamer rig

7 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

4 Pufts is a limit on how much you can hold in one stable but overcrowding with incubatores can produce A LOT. But that still will kill FPS

That's ranching mk.I, in mk.II they changed the amount of space that pufts need, and you can now put 6 of them in a single ranch.
Also, I've found that keeping them outside of a ranch and in a giant room full of pO2 is also feasible. my last colony had a 'ranch' of about 800 tiles.
You just dont' get the ranching room bonus, but you can put a grooming station outside of a ranch and have it work there too.
( what IS the bonus for a ranch anyway? )

Archived