The new method to make solo kill enraged klaus without damage become possibility [No film , Show the method only]

I discover the method for solo kill enraged klaus without damage. If i tell you guys the method is gunpowder and pan flute , i guess all of you will blame and report me :D. Keep the gunpowder for shadow pieces. We don't need gunpowder and pan flute for enraged klaus solo kill. Using two meatbulb (lure plant) to block enraged klaus, i suggest use lure plant for 2nd form enraged klaus only.

5ab0d9af908dd_2018-03-204_59_06.thumb.png.5fd97271e69eb0090449bfc043bb609a.png

For this fight, you need to equip walking cane. Hit him once and run when he try to smell player, you can hit him three to four time and run.  

5ab0dae004392_2018-03-204_57_55.thumb.png.62dd16f74d47f5cc465fa8037b942843.png

The lure plant use to block "chomp attack".

There is no point to kill the enraged klaus for loot. Killed enraged klaus and normal klaus have a same drop effect. Enraged klaus for challenger only.

This isn't a method, it's an exploit.

1 hour ago, Bunny said DONE said:

Enraged klaus for challenger only.

You say fighting enraged Klaus is for challenge only, while presenting an exploit which removes the challenge of the boss.

There already was a method to kill enraged Klaus without receiving damage, it's called godmode.

13 minutes ago, Bunny said DONE said:

That is not exploit, the klaus can move and fight freely.

Roflcopter.gif

Oh my, LOLed really hard here now. "It can move and fight freely" sure, so let's put two indestructible structures here so it will get stuck behind them to not move nor fight freely:lol:

18 minutes ago, Bunny said DONE said:

..is not exploit, the klaus can move and fight freely.

Mmm. Actually it can't: its forward path towards you is blocked by the 2 lureplant bulbs, obviously. If you sit in front of it and bulbs, all Klaus can do is endlessly walk into said bulbs, make some threatening animations and, indeed, hit you if you go too close in an inappropriate moment (when it "smells"). It's an exploit. But is ok, there are a lot more of them and by now been integrated in the gameplay strategies. Some players are vocal against them, some giggle when they discover and forever use them; how many heads, that many opinions.

It's almost as strategical as blocking fuelweaver with lureplants, you just take the entire fun out of the fight, same with Dragonfly walls IMO but that's less cheese than this.

There's no fun in fighting a boss like this and it's abusing an exploit which the devs refuse to fix.

3 hours ago, Dekay said:

Now that more common bosses are being cheesed using lureplants maybe Klei will consider reworking how lureplants work. They are also used for glitching yourself into the ocean.

I don't understand why they seem to work differently than other plants collisions, just make them identical to a berry bush except some stats, I've never personally looked at the code though.

10 hours ago, Korlie said:

There already was a method to kill enraged Klaus without receiving damage, it's called godmode.

With the exploit, you can still get hit and you need to make the resources to heal, protect yourself from damage, and deal damage. Godmode is nowhere close to this; with godmode you can just hold f with a walking cane if you want. This exploit isn't even much of an exploit when you think about it. Sure it makes the fight a lot easier, but so do roads. And bees, lots of bees.

53 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

With the exploit, you can still get hit and you need to make the resources to heal, protect yourself from damage, and deal damage. Godmode is nowhere close to this; with godmode you can just hold f with a walking cane if you want. This exploit isn't even much of an exploit when you think about it. Sure it makes the fight a lot easier, but so do roads. And bees, lots of bees.

This exploit removes essentially all challenge from the boss, it relegates it to a deerclops with less range and a ****ton of health, with basiclally no chance to be hit.

Bees are not the only reason he beat that boss, and it probably took a ****ton of time to gather them.

Imagine the lureplants as an infinite weapon which makes enemies unable to move, that's broken as ****, imagine if that was on Dragonfly he'd be a joke.

35 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

This exploit removes essentially all challenge from the boss, it relegates it to a deerclops with less range and a ****ton of health, with basiclally no chance to be hit.

Bees are not the only reason he beat that boss, and it probably took a ****ton of time to gather them.

Imagine the lureplants as an infinite weapon which makes enemies unable to move, that's broken as ****, imagine if that was on Dragonfly he'd be a joke.

I agree with you, even if we must agree that exploits need much more preparation and knowledge and are more legitim (or less cheating) than console commands, like godmode. 

And still, there are methods that make boss farming way easier, with an infinite weapon, like a lot of bunnymen against Dragonfly (I have around 30-40 hutches, and man, I don't even need the pan flute, or any armor or weapon), and these methods are fully legit. Or a tamed beefalo. With one, you can kill Klaus without a single weapon or losing any health, and it's pretty much safe, but still can be messed up. Just like the lureplant method.

So I start to think that the border between exploit and feature is way thinner that I would have thought.

7 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's an exploit. Plain and simple. The boss was specifically given the ability to smash structures so it wouldn't get stuck. But because the lureplant isn't exactly a structure, and has collision, it completely ignores this.

I fully agree with this. 
But then what about his sack and the stagehand blocking him? It's more difficult to do, but both are indestructible structures, yet have exactely the same affect as 2 lureplants.

(Btw, is there a method to quote someone when editing a post? I would do it, so I were greatful if someone could tell me. Sinistere_Fang just replied as I posted)

Edit: nvm, it seems my posts got auto-merged... nice feature, I never knew about it :D

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

So I start to think that the border between exploit and feature is way thinner that I would have thought.

I still think there's a fine line between an exploit and "cheese". An exploit is more along the lines of using unintended mechanics to your advantage (such as the lureplants not being a structure, and thus are indestructible by bosses that normally smash structures on contact).

Bunnymen and beefalo are more along the lines of "cheese" as everything is working as intended, but being used so excessively that they make said task trivial.

11 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

But then what about his sack and the stagehand blocking him? It's more difficult to do, but both are indestructible structures, yet have exactely the same affect as 2 lureplants.

That still seems like an exploit to me. Although a fix for that could be a bit tricky.

6 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I still think there's a fine line between an exploit and "cheese". An exploit is more along the lines of using unintended mechanics to your advantage (such as the lureplants not being a structure, and thus are indestructible by bosses that normally smash structures on contact).

You have a good point there. There are still some cases where I would be unsure whether they are cheeses or exploits (flingos for toadstool for example), but I don't want to derail the thread too much. 

8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Bunnymen and beefalo are more along the lines of "cheese" as everything is working as intended, but being used so excessively that they make said task trivial.

I wouldn't say tamed beefalos are cheesing, as they were made (at least the ornery one) exactely for that: making fight more easy. And for that they have a (pretty high) price: 20 days of careful taming, and some maintenance to keep the beefalo.

10 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That still seems like an exploit to me. Although a fix for that could be a bit tricky.

Maybe when Klaus jumps, it could actually jump over structures?

22 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's an exploit. Plain and simple. The boss was specifically given the ability to smash structures so it wouldn't get stuck. But because the lureplant isn't exactly a structure, and has collision, it completely ignores this.

What in this specific case is an exploit? I'm fairly sure the devs don't mind it, so it's not an exploit.(and to be clear I'm not talking about them not fixing it, I'm talking about (my best guess) that they don't want this fixed.)

@Bunny said DONE this seems like a rather new way to do something that nobody really wants to do, so that's mildly interesting I suppose, not sure what the whole fuss is about.

3 hours ago, spideswine said:

What in this specific case is an exploit? I'm fairly sure the devs don't mind it, so it's not an exploit.(and to be clear I'm not talking about them not fixing it, I'm talking about (my best guess) that they don't want this fixed.)

@Bunny said DONE this seems like a rather new way to do something that nobody really wants to do, so that's mildly interesting I suppose, not sure what the whole fuss is about.

For some reason, people here take offense to outwitting the developers in non game breaking ways. If you are disappointed in someone using the exploit that makes the Ancient Guardian not able to move OR hit you, then I understand. But in this case you just aren't allowing the boss to move, which if you are fast enough and keep a close distance, he wouldn't anyway. The challenge of Klaus was never that he moved after you, so I also don't see the fuss.

3 hours ago, spideswine said:

The boss was intended to be able to break structures it walked into, it cannot however break a random plant whose main use has nothing to do with blocking a boss.

Also it's not a new method, lureplant abuse has been used for years, it's just unoriginal and boring and takes no effort.

11 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

For some reason, people here take offense to outwitting the developers in non game breaking ways. If you are disappointed in someone using the exploit that makes the Ancient Guardian not able to move OR hit you, then I understand. But in this case you just aren't allowing the boss to move, which if you are fast enough and keep a close distance, he wouldn't anyway. The challenge of Klaus was never that he moved after you, so I also don't see the fuss.

The entire challege of enraged Klaus is that he's near impossible to dodge, has a ****ton of health and a ****ton of armor and damage. If you take away the movement and leap aspect he's essentially just a tankier normal Klaus with no deer, and he cannot move, he's just a punching bag.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, Whoneedspacee said:

I don't understand why they seem to work differently than other plants collisions, just make them identical to a berry bush except some stats, I've never personally looked at the code though.

They're mobs with health, not just plants. Mobs have hitboxes.

9 hours ago, Bluckles said:

For some reason, people here take offense to outwitting the developers in non game breaking ways.

I wouldn't call it outwitting the devs, they probably want people to think of new and unintuitive ways to deal with any challenge.

Now granted sometimes the new way just trivializes the fight too much, it's not the case here though, since it's still easier to just kill regular klaus.

9 hours ago, Whoneedspacee said:

The boss was intended to be able to break structures it walked into, it cannot however break a random plant whose main use has nothing to do with blocking a boss.

Also it's not a new method, lureplant abuse has been used for years, it's just unoriginal and boring and takes no effort.

But they very much intended for unintended things, plenty of bugs become features, and I don't see why this isn't such a case.

If you think this takes no effort, then I suggest you beat klaus using this method.

Beating him by regular means takes less effort than this.

2 hours ago, spideswine said:

I wouldn't call it outwitting the devs, they probably want people to think of new and unintuitive ways to deal with any challenge.

Now granted sometimes the new way just trivializes the fight too much, it's not the case here though, since it's still easier to just kill regular klaus.

But they very much intended for unintended things, plenty of bugs become features, and I don't see why this isn't such a case.

If you think this takes no effort, then I suggest you beat klaus using this method.

Beating him by regular means takes less effort than this.

Trust me, I could beat the boss easily like this if I can beat enraged klaus normally. I advise you to try and see how easy the kiting is.

My problems with this thread are -

As you stated, beating regular Klaus is just easier, so this method is worthless unless you want to purposefully make the fight boring and harder.

An unoriginal method that everyone and their mother has used to cheese bosses at least once and videos of “new and cool method with lureplants” pop up every once in a while even though it was used years before that.

The thread has no point, it’s not a good strategy, everyone already knows about it, and it’s going to take you a ton of time and weapons.

25 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

Trust me, I could beat the boss easily like this if I can beat enraged klaus normally. I advise you to try and see how easy the kiting is.

Enraged klaus is a really obnoxious fight, he has huge reach, huge damage, rather fast attack times, and an absolutely tremendous amount of hp, pretty much any way to beat him requires some sort of cheese or an exploit, and I doubt that you can beat him without any of these(or a 6 wolfgang gangbang, which is pretty much an exploit anyway).

But point is, beating enraged klaus with this method is still more taxing than beating regular klaus, and you get absolutely nothing special from beating enraged klaus.

29 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

unless you want to purposefully make the fight boring and harder.

So worthless, well aside from "I guess this is one way to do something that there's no point in doing".

31 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

An unoriginal method that everyone and their mother has used to cheese bosses at least once and videos of “new and cool method with lureplants” pop up every once in a while even though it was used years before that.

Have they?

I mean they're useful for fuelweaver, that's about it.(They can also be used here, but since it's a useless use, it's not much of a use)

And yeah lureplants are buggy and as such have a whole bunch of uses. The methods are pretty cool, they just get old after a while. If they have ups and downs that's still good.

34 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

The thread has no point

It's just a rather useless tidbit, it's sorta worth mentioning, granted it's not something amazing, but it's not utterly pointless either.

35 minutes ago, Whoneedspacee said:

everyone already knows about it

Since it's a rather pointless task, I don't think everyone knows about it.

1 hour ago, spideswine said:

Enraged klaus is a really obnoxious fight, he has huge reach, huge damage, rather fast attack times, and an absolutely tremendous amount of hp, pretty much any way to beat him requires some sort of cheese or an exploit, and I doubt that you can beat him without any of these(or a 6 wolfgang gangbang, which is pretty much an exploit anyway).

But point is, beating enraged klaus with this method is still more taxing than beating regular klaus, and you get absolutely nothing special from beating enraged klaus.

So worthless, well aside from "I guess this is one way to do something that there's no point in doing".

Have they?

I mean they're useful for fuelweaver, that's about it.(They can also be used here, but since it's a useless use, it's not much of a use)

And yeah lureplants are buggy and as such have a whole bunch of uses. The methods are pretty cool, they just get old after a while. If they have ups and downs that's still good.

It's just a rather useless tidbit, it's sorta worth mentioning, granted it's not something amazing, but it's not utterly pointless either.

Since it's a rather pointless task, I don't think everyone knows about it.

Fighting him like this takes away all of his mechanics, it’s more taxing but it’s still a method using exploits to make the boss easier to fight. 

2 hours ago, Whoneedspacee said:

Fighting him like this takes away all of his mechanics, it’s more taxing but it’s still a method using exploits to make the boss easier to fight. 

If by "easier" you mean harder, then sure, otherwise not really.

Archived