Metheus as a playable character

Hello everyone I was playing don’t starve together and was just trying to find my way around the ruins and just happened to start thinking about Metheus and what if he was a playable character. I know it’s a bit of a stretch to think he’ll become a playable character but there really isn’t a reason that I know of that would make klei think no way we will make him a character. 

So first things first the M in his name which isn’t really a problem if you think about it sure most character names start with W but we still have Maxwell even though his name was William it’s Maxwell now.

Now lets talk about what his stats would be and how his abilities would work. 

Hp 125

Hng 175

Snty 200

I don’t really have much reason why I chose those stats I just thought they were a little different to the other characters in the game and would make things a little more interesting when choosing him. 

Now onto his unique abilities. Firstly he would be afraid of the daylight so he would lose sanity when exploring in daylight. Perhaps this could be countered slightly with umbrellas or hats. He would also regenerate sanity during night time.

Secondly when he becomes insane he could shed nightmare fuel or perhaps when he takes damage he has a slight chance of dropping nightmare fuel.

Finally his last ability would allow him to craft thulacite weapons and gear with needing to be next to a pseudo science machine. 

Oh also I almost forgot his appearance. So I think he could look almost insect like or bug like. I think this would make him very appealing as a character because the only characters we’ve seen that aren’t human looking are Webber, Wilbur and woody in his were beaver state.

so anyway that’s my thoughts on what I would like the next DST character to be like I also would like to hear your feedback and suggestions also feel free to post your own character concepts I’d love to read them 

Thanks for taking the time to read this post let’s hope klei read it too haha

7 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Oh yes I want my canon character Office Building, Hostiptal, and his sidekick Soft Stool

the next batch of characters will be Cyrus, Charlie v2  and MaxSon Wilson and Maxwell gay adopted son 

That sounds... interesting to say the least

14 hours ago, Southee said:

he would lose sanity when exploring in daylight. Perhaps this could be countered slightly with umbrellas or hats. He would also regenerate sanity during night time

Hadn't seen this one before.

1 hour ago, webbermain252 said:

The W naming scheme was only done cause they thought it would be funny, doesn't have any real significance at all.

They went so far as to give Maxwell a back story that reveals he also has name starting with W. So yes, it does have significance. It would have been pretty easy to just continue calling him Maxwell instead of William.

Archived