Stag Antlers are a key...?

image.png.fe2add1c711c2f3e9185d00c608a845d.png

So... We might have a third incoming key after the Gateway portal and Forge keys. The Gamepedia wiki says this thing has no use and is only dropped by Klaus. This can't be a dead end if these three characters are implying something. Wigfrid was pretty close, but these three comments leave me raising my brow. Even the notch at the bottom looks like a key cut.

I know I should be in bed right now doing my art but I found this out while doing art refs. Maybe there's something we overlooked?

I think you're tired my dude. The page says it has no purpose except opening the Loot Stash.

Kinda weird having that bit in the first place on the wiki peoples part. Seems like they were just trying to fill up space.

21 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I think you're tired my dude. The page says it has no purpose except opening the Loot Stash.

Kinda weird having that bit in the first place on the wiki peoples part. Seems like they were just trying to fill up space.

Thank you and yes. Guess I skimmed over the wiki entry.

22 hours ago, Xedlord said:

Uh, I thought you were a DST player like me minespatch, I guess I was wrong, do you even know anything about this game, or are you drunk?

I'm... Not a tight nit one like people assume.57d88eaf3fbda_arielcrashescopy.png.f4477e568355dc01195b75672d7c6f8e.png

Fellow explorers, behold! This antler! What a strange composition. It almost looks like, no wait it must be... a key! The complex twisting at its end, that could surely align with tumblers to an arcane lock, it's unmistakable! What could such a key open, though? Are there strange mysteries beyond the depths of this world we have not yet discovered? Are there mysterious ruins at the far reaches of the earth, for which this key alone can unlock the ancient secrets within?

Dude, there's a sack with a giant lock on it right behind you.

Ah, yes... right. I knew that.

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So... Just summing up my stupidity?:wilson_sneaky:

It just seemed like the perfect sort of epic irony that makes Don't Starve such a fun setting. I can totally see Wilson completely missing the giant sack with the lock on it.

1 hour ago, kertinker said:

It just seemed like the perfect sort of epic irony that makes Don't Starve such a fun setting. I can totally see Wilson completely missing the giant sack with the lock on it.

Do you see why I main him?:wilson_ecstatic:

I can buy using an ancient key that can only be obtained from a chest that magically spoofs from the corpse of some ancient guardian of some ancient ruins, but a glorified stag antler dropped by slightly-higher-budget Krampus has no business being the key to some whole other dimension.

22 hours ago, kertinker said:

I can just imagine wilson trying everything but using it as a key.. holding it up in a lightning storm, putting it in the moonstone, wearing it..

Archived