Really nice way of farming wood: Bearger + Birchnut

I never would've thought that the Bearger killing Treeguards was a bad thing, but the piney ones are so easy to kite anytime, and you can get so much more chopped with the Bearger, without Treeguards prematurely ending his rampage. I don't know if this is the best method of farming wood, since you can't do it any season except Autumn, but with that much wood chopped, who cares about chopping it the other three seasons!

Petrified forests are infuriating me. You plant 80 cones, you blink twice and Bam! F**$#ing stone trees everywhere. I lately started selectively cutting mature birchnuts and I massively farm them in autumn only. Works fine

9 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Petrified forests are infuriating me. You plant 80 cones, you blink twice and Bam! F**$#ing stone trees everywhere. I lately started selectively cutting mature birchnuts and I massively farm them in autumn only. Works fine

Stone > Wood

47 minutes ago, landromat said:

Stone > Wood

Said who buddy? I know what i need in my world thank you.

Plus, the petrified forest broke the natural look of my landscapes. I like evergreens alright! :wilson_cry:

Just hangout in caves in the summer if you want stones, they literally fall on you. 

25 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Said who buddy? I know what i need in my world thank you.

Plus, the petrified forest broke the natural look of my landscapes. I like evergreens alright! :wilson_cry:

Just hangout in caves in the summer if you want stones, they literally fall on you. 

looks like you hanging in caves a lot if you don't need additional stone from petrified forest

@landromat :| ... no. Where is this going? There is petrified forests in my world and I use them dont get me wrong.

I said it was annoying when your tree farm turns into stone, so  I now use birchnut trees.

And you to answer " stone > wood "

:? k ...      lol

12 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I’d try this, but how do you get enough birchnuts to do this without endless hassles with birch nutters yourself?

Yiu just need to use bearger once in the decidouos forest and collect all the birch nuts you can get and then you are good to go. Birch nutters are easily killed by Bearger. He deals with them much more easiy than he deals with treeguards.

10 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Petrification is amazing at first, until you start running out of living trees, and your whole forest is just... gone. At least it should spread more slowly, instead of hitting an entire forest at once. But how about have trees only petrify, if you plant them in Rockyland biomes, or Desert or something? The forests of the world would be safe, and people could still get their renewable stone, flint and nitre!

10 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Klei probably added it to make stone renewable on non-caves worlds

On 05/03/2018 at 1:21 AM, kertinker said:

I never would've thought that the Bearger killing Treeguards was a bad thing, but the piney ones are so easy to kite anytime, and you can get so much more chopped with the Bearger, without Treeguards prematurely ending his rampage. I don't know if this is the best method of farming wood, since you can't do it any season except Autumn, but with that much wood chopped, who cares about chopping it the other three seasons!

I play a lot (+3.000 hours of game) and I have built 4 mega bases so far, and this is the first time I am getting enough wood for my projects. As you said, you can spend the whole autumn just farming wood and then you won´t need to do that for a long time.

Archived