Please fix all exploits

Hi there!

As you may probably know, there's lots of bugs and glitches in DST. There's thousands of bug founded ways to kill any boss. I know that lots of players here will protest against fixing all these stuff, but still:
1) Please fix bug when you can jump out from map by building wardrobe in the corner of map

2) Ice Flingomatic shouldn't be able to freeze bosses.

3) Klaus and Stalker should be able to attack\destroy lureplants\fossils on their way.

4) Werepigs should attack marble statues\walls\buildings on their way. Or add another mob to moonlight platform event, who can do that.

5) Dragonfly's lavaes shouldn't stuck in walls. 

6) Ancient Guardian shouldn't have an ability to stuck in the big columns on his spawn point.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:15 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Most of these are exploits, not bugs.

Yes, thank you. 

On 2/25/2018 at 7:30 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Thank you for the reports. Could you please post them in the Don't Starve Together Bug Tracker?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

Oh sorry, I used wrong word in topic title - bugs instead of exploits. Created this topic in suggestions and feedback section, because still not sure if all these supposed to be or not :( . But looks like not :D

On 2/28/2018 at 4:26 AM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Apchi the day will never come...

image.thumb.png.25d03a9d2d67a37d9037ee4e467c593a.png

All that would invalidate a plethora of strategies (or make them a bit harder to achieve), virtually reducing the game at a boring "hit, run, repeat" stage. No more bunnymen or pigmen farms - not efficient ones at that, no more solo runs for majority of solo players (only with a huge load of preparations) and will make other items totally obsolete (good bye Powder Cake), an entire element of comedy taken out of the game. Sure, your forced scarcity wet dream would be closer, but for a lot of us not wanting to waste our time into a goaded experience without an actual story would be pointless.

Also you can use Lureplant bulbs to get out of the map, mind you. And the present radius of a lot of objects makes no sense (Fridge first vs Crockots, Potted Succulents and Ferns vs Pits and Walls, Chests first vs Science/Alchemy/a.s.f., etc) - increasing the Wardrobe radius will be even more absurd. I get it, you don't like bases so all that above doesn't seem to matter for you; yet you appear to think you're writing for the will of many, hmm...

9 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

All that would invalidate a plethora of strategies (or make them a bit harder to achieve), virtually reducing the game at a boring "hit, run, repeat" stage. No more bunnymen or pigmen farms - not efficient ones at that, no more solo runs for majority of solo players (only with a huge load of preparations) and will make other items totally obsolete (good bye Powder Cake), an entire element of comedy taken out of the game. Sure, your forced scarcity wet dream would be closer, but for a lot of us not wanting to waste our time into a goaded experience without an actual story would be pointless.

Also you can use Lureplant bulbs to get out of the map, mind you. And the present radius of a lot of objects makes no sense (Fridge first vs Crockots, Potted Succulents and Ferns vs Pits and Walls, Chests first vs Science/Alchemy/a.s.f., etc) - increasing the Wardrobe radius will be even more absurd. I get it, you don't like bases so all that above doesn't seem to matter for you; yet you appear to think you're writing for the will of many, hmm...

What the dystopia :D ?

These things you call "strategies" are just abusing game mechanics.  Is it really fun to put some lureplant bulbs, houndius shootius and just stay and watch how Stalker dies? Why not just spawn bone armor to inventory with console?

322330_screenshots_20180226212015_1.jpg.7023813dacf263537abb53f9eb66255d.jpg

Nobody is going to touch bunnymen and pigmen farms. This mostly concerns bosses. Klei nerfed powder, because it used to be too easy to kill any boss with it... Why not fix abusing methods? If honest way is too hard for you, you could use mods, decreasing bosses HP or smth similar. Bee Queen, ToadStool and others are still optional ones.  It's Don't Starve together all in all. Every boss can be killed using honest way in minimum 2 players without crazy farm preparations.

Maybe you're right somewhere, as some of these hypothetical fixes are really hard to realize on development level without changing basic things. And also nothing prevents honorable players to achieve bosses using normal methods with preparations and real-time strategies at the moment. But I still remember lots of really Weird protests against fixing lantern bug tho (lantern on mouse and tool in hands). We are fine without it, right? It was hard, but still okay. So let the developers decide if abuses will stay or not.

On 2/25/2018 at 7:12 PM, Apchi said:

1) Please fix bug when you can jump out from map by building wardrobe in the corner of map

I mean you could use lureplants to do that too(which I'm 100% sure you're aware of), which just turns it into a case of "why bother"?

2) Ice Flingomatic shouldn't be able to freeze bosses.

Ice flingomatics(and starcallers) aren't exactly cheap, doing that would also discourage people to try new and creative approaches to things, as those would get patched out, as things currently stand these strategies aren't even very prominent(outside of solo worlds), imo just overall a bad idea.

3) Klaus and Stalker should be able to attack\destroy lureplants\fossils on their way.

In the case of klaus, it kinda falls under the same category as the former, people generally don't bother with it as it's not that good, and it discourages new approaches.

As far as stalker is concerned: Yeah, that needs to be fixed, it is a very common approach to it and makes the fight a joke.

4) Werepigs should attack marble statues\walls\buildings on their way. Or add another mob to moonlight platform event, who can do that.

As far as the moon staff event is concerned: maybe. Then again the reward isn't very impressive so imo no reason make it more difficult.

As far as regular full moons are concerened: This will harm pig farms and cause the game to lose some depth, so Imo a bad idea.

5) Dragonfly's lavaes shouldn't stuck in walls.

I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve with that.

I'd assume it will just result in flingos being used to kill lavaes, is that really so much better?

6) Ancient Guardian shouldn't have an ability to stuck in the big columns on his spawn point.

I've always seen his hp being multiplied by x5 as admission that he should be cheesed one way or another.

Thing is that exploit has existed for so long that I'm guessing that they are aware of it and just don't see fixing it as a priority.

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Or they could, you know, fix that too. That's still another option.

Basically same thing as 6, " Thing is that exploit has existed for so long that I'm guessing that they are aware of it and just don't see fixing it as a priority. ".

On 01/03/2018 at 3:45 PM, xxVERSUSxy said:

game-design-bitch.jpg

On 3/2/2018 at 4:22 AM, Apchi said:

What the dystopia :D ?

These things you call "strategies" are just abusing game mechanics.  Is it really fun to put some lureplant bulbs, houndius shootius and just stay and watch how Stalker dies? Why not just spawn bone armor to inventory with console?

322330_screenshots_20180226212015_1.jpg.7023813dacf263537abb53f9eb66255d.jpg

Nobody is going to touch bunnymen and pigmen farms. This mostly concerns bosses. Klei nerfed powder, because it used to be too easy to kill any boss with it... Why not fix abusing methods? If honest way is too hard for you, you could use mods, decreasing bosses HP or smth similar. Bee Queen, ToadStool and others are still optional ones.  It's Don't Starve together all in all. Every boss can be killed using honest way in minimum 2 players without crazy farm preparations.

Maybe you're right somewhere, as some of these hypothetical fixes are really hard to realize on development level without changing basic things. And also nothing prevents honorable players to achieve bosses using normal methods with preparations and real-time strategies at the moment. But I still remember lots of really Weird protests against fixing lantern bug tho (lantern on mouse and tool in hands). We are fine without it, right? It was hard, but still okay. So let the developers decide if abuses will stay or not.

Like Wicker and tentacle strat to take down Queen Bee, going for Houndius + lureplants alternative vs FW first requires you to do a lot of preparations equally probable to get you killed as a parallel to the classic approach of "spam F and have lots of armor + healing items". What you actually challenge here is that "equally probable to get you killed"; if solo run then yes, you need a lot more materials for the "legit" way (and sadly no, combat "skill" does not factorize so much as one would believe, just tank + F + enough armor and healing bypasses any "skill" you may think of - aka teleporting via Lazy Explorer, kiting at the right moments etc) - yet if in a group.. only look at a 2x Wig + 1x mighty Wolf combo vs FW: that's an obscenely easy fight, over before you even had the time to smack more than a partial wave of Wovens.

And of course all revolves around "abusing game mechanics", as another way of saying "work smarter, not harder": if one can think/discover a shortcut, one would surely go for it. Is it fun? That entirely depends on your definition of "fun" or "entertainment"; and circumstances. I for one appreciate Klei giving us this shortcut option, not just basic brute-force approach.

As for the "nobody is going to touch bunnymen and pigmen farms" train of thoughts: baited "werepigs should attack marble statues\walls\buildings on their way" does, invalidating it. And virtually all your proposals aim to nullify a lot of clever and fun ways of eluding the tediousness of basic fighting/resources acquirement (DST being a sandbox without an actual story, it stands to reason one's purpose in it becomes "road from scarcity to prosperity" - farming mobs/bosses is a mirror of said prosperity).

In the end, as I was writing in other similar threads, these desired nerfs a small number of forum posters propose are not meant for you yourselves as implied "advanced players" since you could just completely ignore game mechanic exploits and stick to the basic, "legit" way; rather these nerfs target the casual/medium players (or even some well informed beginners) that probably get in your vision same loot as yourselves but without actually "having the skill and hard work needed for the reward". Or, more plainly put, it's all about "bragging rights" and a lowered bar compared to games "in the old days".

17 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Like Wicker and tentacle strat to take down Queen Bee, going for Houndius + lureplants alternative vs FW first requires you to do a lot of preparations equally probable to get you killed as a parallel to the classic approach of "spam F and have lots of armor + healing items". What you actually challenge here is that "equally probable to get you killed"; if solo run then yes, you need a lot more materials for the "legit" way (and sadly no, combat "skill" does not factorize so much as one would believe, just tank + F + enough armor and healing bypasses any "skill" you may think of - aka teleporting via Lazy Explorer, kiting at the right moments etc) - yet if in a group.. only look at a 2x Wig + 1x mighty Wolf combo vs FW: that's an obscenely easy fight, over before you even had the time to smack more than a partial wave of Wovens.

And of course all revolves around "abusing game mechanics", as another way of saying "work smarter, not harder": if one can think/discover a shortcut, one would surely go for it. Is it fun? That entirely depends on your definition of "fun" or "entertainment"; and circumstances.

Yeah he picked a poor example for that.

But you can use a lureplant to get fuelweaver stuck near the spikes at the entrance(or even push him into them), then use a lazy explorer to jump to the other side and beat him to death while he ignores everything,

It doesn't nullify the preparation for the fight(still need a lazy explorer,preferably a bee hat too, in addition to a shadow atrium,an ancient key and the fossils, etc), but it pretty much just skips the fight itself.

It should probably be done away with.

Regarding FW exploit, I have an entirely different angle from which I don't approve (although I sometimes use it): lore. This is suppose to be THE ultimate boss (at least till now), and, from having speech even in semi-shadow form and theoretically being Metheus (one of the 2 key figures in ancient murals), clearly is a sentient being. Then how come he/she doesn't realize there is an obstacle (lureplant bulbs) it path towards getting Ancient Key out of the Gate?! "Are you drunk FW, mate?!"

5 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Regarding FW exploit, I have an entirely different angle from which I don't approve (although I sometimes use it): lore. This is suppose to be THE ultimate boss (at least till now), and, from having speech even in semi-shadow form and theoretically being Metheus (one of the 2 key figures in ancient murals), clearly is a sentient being. Then how come he/she doesn't realize there is an obstacle (lureplant bulbs) it path towards getting Ancient Key out of the Gate?! "Are you drunk FW, mate?!"

I'm not sure I'd call "cheesing the final boss shouldn't be a thing" to be a lore perspective, but I kinda feel the same way.

6 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

(although I sometimes use it)

Why?

16 minutes ago, spideswine said:

Why?

LOL factor ("just look at the dumb beast") and building efficient boss-farms mainly in my solo worlds - basically it comes down to resource expenses: initial investment (Houndius+Lazy Eplorer) seems a bit high, but if you balance it over time with armor-weapons-healing you would spend and potential danger/fatal errors that may occur at each redo, clearly the right choice (for myself) presents itself. Indeed it's fun to test your combat abilities and dexterity, but my general DST approach is from the building and economic viewpoint. For example my favorite foe is Klaus - not for the actual fight, but loot. Yes is RNG-based, yet like in gambling it has the addiction element. And yes, I know of its exploits as well, namely blocking No-Eyes first, then tentacle field with Wicker or Loot Stash + Stage Hand for other characters - but in this situation I find said strats too time/resources consuming and ultimately not completely reliable; thus kiting represents here the sensible choice. Anyway that's my reasoning for using FW exploit.

In groups, though, fighting as a team ("yo, WE are DOING this!") becomes prevalent for the (very short) time it takes, used resources and provided entertainment. Btw all written in this comment are my personal assessments regarding my goals and performance, not something I stress as being best options in general.

I love all the bugs and exploits. :D So many interesting facets to this game, and people've found so many ingenious and creative ways to use them!

Well, maybe not all the bugs... but I can't think of any off the top of my head that aren't totally awesome, or weren't fixed right away. :?

Archived