Beequeen solo advice please

Hello guys, I am kind of experienced with dst (100+ hours), but I could not solo the beequeen just tanking her. I checked a few videos on youtube and they are old version and the authors all say that the beequeen has been updated, so you cannot use gunpowders or lure the bumble bees away anymore. I am considering the following options and would like to have your opinions before I go and maybe do some useless effort:
1. weather pain + ganking: I will take a few weather pains and tank the queen stationary, hoping that the tornado will take care of the bumble bees. Is this a good idea?

2. tank her to 16000, then freeze +40 gunpower stack + freeze again+ another gunpowder stack, will this work if I wait like 15 seconds between stacks?

3. bunny hatch village, I don't really want to do it, its a pain to gather all these puffs with just 25% chance I need to kill like 200 to get 12 hutches built.

3 hours ago, Z0366 said:

I checked a few videos on youtube and they are old version and the authors all say that the beequeen has been updated, so you cannot use gunpowders or lure the bumble bees away anymore.

You can still lure the bumble bees away using walls/fences. Here's a good video showing this strategy:

The building starts at about 35:20 and the fight starts at 43:40.

Also, gunpowder should still work, but just a little differently. The update they were talking about gave all bosses a resistance to gunpowder after they've been hit by 40. The resistance fades over time, so if you were going to fight her exclusively using gunpowder then you'll need to stall for time. Although 40 gunpowder is usually enough to soften up bosses like this to a reasonable amount of health to solo while still keeping a bit of a challenge.

You can also use a couple lureplants. You outrun the grumblebees and then when they stop aggroing you, they wander into the eyes and get distracted fighting them whilst you go beat up the queen. This strat can take a little while, and may not be quite as effective as the fence, but requires vastly less set up and is entirely workable. Both have upsides and downsides.

It's also possible to drag a beefalo herd near the bee queen (bonus points if you get it to permanently relocate there) and have them murder her for you, but you need quite a few for it to work.

If you want easy to obtain bunny hutches, just head to the caves with a hammer or deconstruction staff and take out some of the bunny hutches you find there. This makes relocating the bunnies much simpler than trying to collect all the materials from scratch. The caves has an abundance of bunny villages, so getting the number you need shouldn't be too difficult and a deconstruction staff only takes a few green gems which is fairly easy to obtain.

You can also go with a construction amulet as well, though that would take precious Thulecite. Though it may be worth it if you're wanting to create more as you go. Gems are easy enough to replace through the Dragonfly and even the Thulecite can be replenished albeit doing so is far more difficult. The thing to remember though is once you get enough bunnies to help you fight her, you're pretty much set.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Some genius a few weeks ago suggested starting a beefalo herd around the hive. It’s some work, but not as much as farming bunnymen, and I found that it worked very well, although you have to kill her in spring or when the beefs are in heat.

It's actually not much work, mostly just waiting for the herds to grow.

If you're not wicker and solo it's also probably the best way, unless you're in a hurry.

Though depending on location, you might want to do it with rabbithutches for a krampus farm anyway.

45 minutes ago, spideswine said:

It's actually not much work, mostly just waiting for the herds to grow.

If you're not wicker and solo it's also probably the best way, unless you're in a hurry.

Though depending on location, you might want to do it with rabbithutches for a krampus farm anyway.

Depending on how far away the beefs are from her hive. I did this late in my world, so we had plenty of mats for a telelocator to send baby beefs to a pen with salt licks (they stop trying to rejoin their herd when they grow up. My friend also led a pod down there to increase their ranks, and that took a while. It was pretty far.

16 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Depending on how far away the beefs are from her hive. I did this late in my world, so we had plenty of mats for a telelocator to send baby beefs to a pen with salt licks (they stop trying to rejoin their herd when they grow up. My friend also led a pod down there to increase their ranks, and that took a while. It was pretty far.

Well don't drag beefalo there(unless they're really close), instead make new herds there.

Also you don't have to use the telelocator(cause that's a rather lategame thing), you can just chase a few babies there, surround them in a fence(with holes in it, enough for a grown beefalo to get through, but not enough for a baby to get through(and yeah for anyone who is unaware, baby beefalos(of all sizes) are actually bigger than adult beefalo, they can't get through a single square)), and wait for them to create their own herds.

Alternatively get a single herd beefalo(essentialy a beefalo herd with only a single beefalo in it), and surround it with a fence(with enough room for more beefalos, this time you don't want it to get out).

Either way you need about 3 of those to be enough to take down bee queen(with a decent distance between them(about 30 squares?), otherwise the herds will merge and you won't have enough beefalos)

Oh and if you want to drag beefalos there in the lategame(they'll slowly walk back, but if you have a fence it could be good enough for a fight), you can use a lazy deserter+beefalo.(though I suppose that won't work solo)

Also, what is the salt lick used for?

Archived