PVP Event  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a PVP based event, how would you like it to be?

• Arena based, like the Forge
    • Open world based, with crafting and sanity (wher enimy bais?)
    • Other (MOBA, battleground, etc)
    • None, no pvp!
  2. 2. Which playstyle would you like more?

• Free for all (last human, robot or spiderchild standing)
    • Team Based PVP
    • Both
    • I'll keep playing pve anyway
  3. 3. When would you like this event to happen?

• Long after hamlet but before next halloween, so i have time to explore piggyland
    • Klei knows when is the right time.
    • Now!!!!
    • Permanent event / sidegame
    • Never!

If well made, such an event could be great!

But lore-wise I don't really see how pvp content could be added to the game and as the Forge added a lot to the story, it seems logical that the next big events will do so as well. Maybe if Maxwell could get back to the Throne, backstab the others and generate some huge conflict between them... but that seems very complicated and unlikely to me.

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

But lore-wise I don't really see how pvp content could be added to the game and as the Forge added a lot to the story

The way I see it, the Atrium's gateway opens an endless amount of possibilities with little consequences on the main branch of the game.

EG: They can be visited from a universe where the creatures mimic the characters exact form and memories, leading to a battle against eachother where nobody knows who is who. Or they can get under an evil mind influence from another plane, planting discord between our heroes.

In the end it can be shown that the true enemy are not eachother, of course.

Really not a fan of the PvP in the game. It's currently super unbalanced so unless they buffed certain characters and nerfed others me and a lot of the community wouldn't touch it. Sure I might open it once or twice just to see what the heck is going on, but it would kinda suck to not be able to feasibly play my main.

Perhaps if they balanced the characters in the game so that not any one was utterly better combat wise then maybe, even then I still would find it mildly distasteful (Don't Starve Together). They did a decent job of balancing in the Forge.

I don't mean to be a jerk about this idea though I just think it could use some work :D 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Really not a fan of the PvP in the game. It's currently super unbalanced so unless they buffed certain characters and nerfed others me and a lot of the community wouldn't touch it. Sure I might open it once or twice just to see what the heck is going on, but it would kinda suck to not be able to feasibly play my main.

Perhaps if they balanced the characters in the game so that not any one was utterly better combat wise then maybe, even then I still would find it mildly distasteful (Don't Starve Together). They did a decent job of balancing in the Forge.

I don't mean to be a jerk about this idea though I just think it could use some work :D 

I agree that balancing would be required, I kinda assumed it would have a complete rebalance overhaul just like they did at the forge. Also not wanting a pvp update on the game is totally legit and I respect it. I just thought how wacky must have sounded if the forge was just thrown as an idea written down, when actually the final product was quite fun for everyone. I'd hope klei to do something similar.

16 minutes ago, Auth said:

"Never" should be an option

Added! :D

A sure way to lose friends and alienate acquaintances? But of course! No, NOT! From NopeNopeLand.

If such an event would occur in DST I for one would skip it. If skins were involved I would buy them, provided that am interested of course. Sorry, I didn't get Don't Starve Together for the Counter Strike experience of angry kids spewing profanities in game chat because *muh copitetivity, I killz all, wat, you kill mi soldier, FU u cheater haxor*, thank you.

Archived