Diamond needs fixing

5 hours ago, BlueLance said:

This doesnt give a decor bonus, we tried it before, the tempshift plate does state it give % based increase, but since it is on its own layer it sees to not affect the decor.

It has nothing to do with decor. Its about equalizing temperature. Diamond is a perfect material for it, and I am fine with that being its only use.

3 hours ago, Man in the Mist said:

Even better, using a diamond focuser to increase a duplicant's efficiency when mining resulting in less of any resource destroyed when it's mined.

Have the devs thought about adding better tools that you make in a similar fashion to clothes and the atmosphere suit, and then assign to duplicants to use? I think that would make a bit more sense than the higher tier miners suddenly having better mining lasers that can mine firmer materials.

On a different note to my above comment; diamonds in real life shatter more easily than one would think. Hardness in geological terms is how resistant to scratching and cutting a gem is. Not how easily it breaks. That is considered toughness. In case anyone was wondering, diamonds can be easily shattered with a hammer. I think this should be reflected accurately in game by making it easily mined and reducing its "hardness" value(which should probably be relabeled as "toughness"). 

10 hours ago, Gravityx said:

It has nothing to do with decor. Its about equalizing temperature. Diamond is a perfect material for it, and I am fine with that being its only use.

I know, The original post was about Decor, and someone asked about using tempshift plates for decor. I was just advising them that it does not work.

Archived